A Double-Deck Elevator Systems Controller with Idle Cage Assignment Algorithm Using Genetic Network Programming
Shingo Mabu, Lu Yu, Jin Zhou, Shinji Eto,
and Kotaro Hirasawa
Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Waseda University, 2-7 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0135, Japan
-  M.-L. Siikonen, “Double-deck elevators: Savings in Time and Space,” Elevator World, Vol.46 No.7, pp. 65-69, 1998.
-  H. Aoki and K. Sasaki, “Group supervisory control system assisted by artificial intelligence,” Elevator World, pp. 70-80, Feb. 1990.
-  C. B. Kim, K. A. Seong, H. Lee-Kwang, J. O. Kim, and Y. B. Lim, “A fuzzy approach to elevator group control system,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern., Vol.25, pp. 985-990, 1995.
-  D. Levy, M. Yadin, and A. Alexandrovitz, “Optimal control of elevators,” Int. J. Syst. Sci., Vol.8, No.3, pp. 301-320, 1977.
-  Y. W. Ho and L. C. Fu, “Dynamic Scheduling Approach to Group Control of Elevator Systems with Learning Ability,” In Proc. of the 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, San Francisco, CA, pp. 2410-2415, April 2000.
-  J. Sorsa, M.-L. Siikonen, and H. Ehtamo, “Optimal control of double-deck elevator group using genetic algorithm,” Int. Trans. in Operations Research, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 103-114, 2003.
-  J. Zhou, L. Yu, S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, J. Hu, and S. Markon, “Double-deck Elevator Systems using Genetic Network Programming with Reinforcement Learning,” In Proc. of 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC2007), pp. 2025-2031, Singapore, Sept. 2007.
-  K. Hirasawa, T. Eguchi, J. Zhou, L. Yu, and S. Markon, “A Double-Deck Elevator Group Supervisory Control System Using Genetic Network Programming,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part C, Vol.38, No.4, pp. 535-550, Aug. 2008.
-  J. Koehler and D. Ottiger, “An AI-based approach to destination control in elevators,” AI Magazine, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 59-79, 2002.
-  S. Tanaka, Y. Innami, and M. Araki, “A study on objective functions for dynamic operation optimization of a single-car elevator system with destination hall call registration,” In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cyvernetics, 2004.
-  T. Eguchi, K. Hirasawa, J. Hu, and N. Ota, “A Study of Evolutionary Multiagent Models Based on Symbiosis,” IEEE trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.35, No.1, pp. 179-193, Feb. 2006.
-  S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “A Graph-Based Evolutionary Algorithm: Genetic Network Programming and Its Extension Using Reinforcement Learning,” Evolutionary Computation, MIT Press, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 369-398, 2007.
-  G. Barney, “Elevator Technology,” Ellis Horwood Limited, West Sussex, England, 1986.
-  G. Barney, “Elevator Traffic Handbook,” Spon Press, 2003.
-  R. D. Peters, “The theory and practice of general analysis of lift calculations,” In Proc. of the ELEVCON 1992, pp. 197-206, 1992.
-  G. R. Strakosch, “Vertical Transportation: Elevators and Escalator,” New York: Wiley, 1983.
-  K. Sasaki, S. Markon, and M. Nakagawa, “Elevator group supervisory control system using neural networks,” Elevator World, No.2, pp. 81-86, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.