A Model for Generating Facial Expressions Using Virtual Emotion Based on Simple Recurrent Network
Yuki Matsui*, Masayoshi Kanoh**, Shohei Kato*,
Tsuyoshi Nakamura*, and Hidenori Itoh*
*Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
**School of Information Science and Technology, Chukyo University, 101 Tokodachi, Kaizu-cho, Toyota 470-0393, Japan
-  T. Minato, M. Shimada, S. Itakura K. Lee, and H. Ishiguro, “Does Gaze Reveal the Human Likeness of an Android?,” Proc. of the 4th IEEE Int. Conf. on Development and Learning, pp. 106-111, 2005.
-  T. Hashimoto, S. Hiramatsu, T. Tsuji, and H. Kobayashi, “Development of the Face Robot SAYA for Rich Facial Expressions,” SICEICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, pp. 5423-5428, 2006.
-  Business Design Laboratory Co. Ltd., “Communication Robot ifbot,”
-  M. Kanoh, S. Kato, and H. Itoh, “Facial Expressions Using Emotional Space in Sensitivity Communication Robot “ifbot,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1586-1591, 2004.
-  M. Kanoh, S. Iwata, S. Kato, and H. Itoh, “Emotive Facial Expressions of Sensitivity Communication Robot “Ifbot”,” Kansei Engineering Int., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 35-42, 2005.
-  M. Gotoh, M. Kanoh, S. Kato, T. Kunitachi, and H. Itoh, “Face Generator for Sensibility Robot based on Emotional Regions,” The 36th Int. Symposium on Robotics, 2005.
-  J. L. Elman, “Finding structure in time,” Cognitive Science, Vol.14, pp. 179-211, 1990.
-  J. L. Elman, E. A. Bates, M. H. Johnson, D. Parisi, and K. Plunkett, “Rethinking Innateness: A Connectionist Perspective on Development,” Bradford Books, 1996.
-  H. Yamada, K. Suzuki, and S. Hashimoto, “Interrelating physical feature of facial expression and its impression,” HCS2000-47, 2001.
-  R. R. Cornelius, “The Science of Emotion; Research and Tradition in The Psychology of Emotion,” Prentice Hall College Div., 1995.
-  P. Ekman, “Unmasking the Face,” Prentice-Hall, 1975.
-  J. P. Guilford. “Psychometric Methods,” 2nd edition, McGraw-Hill Inc., 1954.
-  T. Kanda, T. Hirano, D. Eaton, and H. Ishiguro, “A practical experiment with interactive humanoid robots in a human society,” Third IEEE Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2003), 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.