SN Ratio Estimation and Speech Segment Detection of Extracted Signals Through Independent Component Analysis
Takeshi Koya*, Nobuo Iwasaki**, Takaaki Ishibashi***, Go Hirano**, Hiroshi Shiratsuchi**, and Hiromu Gotanda**
*Solutions Development Laboratory, Advanced Solutions Technology Japan, Shinjyuku, Tokyo 169-0051, Japan
**Graduate School of Advanced Technology, Kinki University, 11-6 Kayanomori, Iizuka-shi, Fukuoka 820-8555, Japan
***Kumamoto National College of Technology, Koshi-shi, Kumamoto 861-1102, Japan
-  L. R. Rabiner, “A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models and Selected Applications in Speech Recognition,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.77, No.2, pp. 257-286, 1989.
-  S. F. BOLL, “Suppression of Acoustic Noise in Speech Using Spectral Subtraction,” IEEE Trans. Acoustic, Speech, Signal Processing, Vol.ASSP-27, pp. 113-120, 1979.
-  J.M. Gorriz, C. G. Puntonet, J. Ramirez, and J. C. Segura, “Bispectrum Estimators for Voice Activity Detection and Speech Recognition,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 2595-2598, 2005.
-  M. Fujimoto and Y. Ariki, “Combination of GMM Based Speech Estimation Method and Temporal Domain SVD Based Speech Enhancement for Noise Robust Speech Recognition,” IEICE Trans., Vol.J88-D-II, No.2, pp. 250-265, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Kida and T. Kawahara, “Voice Activity Detection Based on Optimally Weighted Combination of Multiple Features,” IEICE Trans., Vol.J89-D, No.8, pp. 1820-1828, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  S. Araki, S. Makino, Y. Hinamoto, R. Mukai, T. Nishikawa, and H. Saruwatari “Equivalence between Frequency Domain Blind Source Separation and Frequency Domain Adaptive Beamforming for Convolutive Mixtures,” EURASIP J. on Applied Signal Processing, Vol.2003, No.11, pp. 1157-1166, 2003.
-  A. Cichocki and S. Amari, “Adaptive Blind Signal and Image Processing,” John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
-  Y. Nagata, T. Fujioka, and M. Abe, “Target Signal Detection System Using Two Directional Microphones,” Trans. IEICE, Vol.J83-A, No.12, pp. 1445-1454, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  C. Servière, “Separation of speech signals with segmentation of the impulse responses under reverberant conditions,” Proc. ICA2003, pp. 511-516, 2003.
-  N. Murata, S. Ikeda, and A. Ziehe, “An approach to blind source separation based on temporal structure of speech signals,” Neurocomputing, Vol.41, Issue 1-4, pp. 1-24, 2001.
-  H. Gotanda, K. Nobu, T. Koya, K. Kaneda, T. Ishibashi, and N. Haratani, “Permutation correction and speech extraction based on split spectrum through FastICA,” Proc. ICA2003, pp. 379-384, 2003.
-  K. Kaneda, T. Koya, and H. Gotanda, “Permutation Resolution Based on Entropy of Split Spectrum,” Trans. IEICE, Vol.J87-A, No.7, pp. 1065-1069, 2004. (in Japanese)
-  H. Sawada, S. Araki, R. Mukai, and S. Makino, “Blind extraction of a dominant soure signal from mixtures of many sources,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2005), Vol.III, pp. 61-64, 2005.
-  T. Ishibashi, K. Inoue, H. Gotanda, and K. Kumamaru, “Permutation Correction in Frequency Domain ICA Using Propagation Characteristics in Real Environments,” Trans. ISCIE, Vol.10, No.12, pp. 469-476, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  H. Saruwatari, S. Kurita, K. Takeda, F. Itakura, T. Nishikawa, and K. Shikano, “Blind Source Separation Combining Independent Component Analysis and Beamforming,” EURASIP J. on Applied Signal Processing, Vol.2003, No.11, pp. 1135-1146, 2003.
-  E. Bingham and A. Hyvärinen, “A fast fixed-point algorithm for independent component analysis of complex valued signals,” Int. J. of Neural Systems, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 1-8, 2000.
-  A. Hyvärinen and E. Oja, “Independent Component Analysis: Algorithms and applications,” Neural Networks, Vol.13, No.4-5, pp. 411-430, 2000.
-  S. Araki, S. Makino, R. Aichner, T. Nishikawa, and H. Saruwatari, “Subband-based Blind Separation for Convolutive Mixtures of Speech,” Trans. IEICE, Vol.E88-A, No.12, pp. 3593-3603, 2005.
-  A. J. Bell and T. J. Sejnowski, “An information maximization approach to blind separation and blind deconvolution,” Neural Computation, Vol.7, pp. 1129-1159, 1995.
-  F. Nakagawa, S. Takase, H. Shiratsuchi, and H. Gotanda, “Estimation of OFDM Carrier Frequency Offset and Symbol Recovery by ICA,” Trans. IEICE, Vol.J91-A, No.4, 448-467, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  BSS’99 SYNTHETIC BENCHMARKS,
-  S. Itabashi, “Spoken Language and the DSR Projects Speech Corpus (PASL-DSR),” 1991. (in Japanese)
-  Noisex-92 database,
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.