Enhancing the Largest Set Rule for Assembly Line Balancing Through the Concept of Bi-Directional Work Relatedness
Konstantinos N. Genikomsakis and Vassilios D. Tourassis
Department of Production Engineering and Management, School of Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, GR-67100, Kimmeria, Xanthi, Greece
-  S. O. Tasan and S. Tunali, “A review of the current applications of genetic algorithms in assembly line balancing,” J. of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 49-69, 2008.
-  C. Becker and A. Scholl, “A survey on problems and methods in generalized assembly line balancing,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.168, No.3, pp. 694-715, 2006.
-  A. Scholl and C. Becker, “State-of-the-art exact and heuristic solution procedures for simple assembly line balancing,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.168, No.3, pp. 666-693, 2006.
-  P. K. Agrawal, “The related activity concept in assembly line balancing,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 403-421, 1985.
-  D. Sly and P. Gopinath, “A Practical Approach to solving Multi-objective Line Balancing Problem,”
Available at: http://www.proplanner.com/Documents/Support/LB/LBTechnical.pdf. Last access: August 2009.
-  E. Falkenauer, “Line balancing in the real world,” In A. Bouras, B. Gurumoorthy and R. Sudarsan (eds), Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Product Life cycle Management PLM’05, pp. 360-370, Geneva: Inderscience, 2005.
-  A. Scholl, “Balancing and sequencing of assembly lines,” New York: Physica-Verlag, 1999.
-  Y. K. Kim, Y. J. Kim, and Y. Kim, “Genetic algorithms for assembly line balancing with various objectives,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 397-409, 1996.
-  T. O. Lee, Y. Kim, and Y. K. Kim, “Two-sided assembly line balancing to maximize work relatedness and slackness,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol.40, No.3, pp. 273-292, 2001.
-  A. Shtub and E. M. Dar-El, “A methodology for the selection of assembly systems,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.27, pp. 175-186, 1989.
-  S. T. Hackman, M. J. Magazine, and T. S. Wee, “Fast, Effective Algorithms for Simple Assembly Line Balancing Problems,” Operations Research, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 916-924, 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.