Neural Network Implementation of Image Rendering via Self-Calibration
Yi Ding*1, Yuji Iwahori*2, Tsuyoshi Nakamura*1, Lifeng He*3,
Robert J. Woodham*4, and Hidenori Itoh*1
*1Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
*2Dept. of Computer Science, Chubu University, 1200 Matsumoto-cho, Kasugai 487-8501, Japan
*3Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Aichi Prefectural University, 1522-3 Kumabari-Ibaragabasama, Nagakute, Aichi-gun, Aichi 480-1198, Japan
*4University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4, Canada
-  R. J. Woodham, “Photometric Method for Determining Surface Orientation from Multiple Images,” Opt. Engineering, pp. 139-144, 1980.
-  R. J. Woodham, “Gradient and Curvature from the Photometric-Stereo Method, Including Local Confidence Estimation,” J. Opt. Soc. Am., A, pp. 3050-3068, 1994.
-  Y. Iwahori, R. J. Woodham, and A. Bagheri, “Principal Components Analysis and Neural Network Implementation of Photometric Stereo,” Proc. IEEE Workshop on Physics-Based Modeling in Computer Vision, pp. 117-125, 1995.
-  S. Chen, Y. Wu, and B. L. Luk, “Combined Genetic Algorithm Optimization and Regularized Orthogonal Least Squares Learning for Radial Basis Function Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.10, No,5, pp. 1239-1243, 1999.
-  Y. Iwahori, R. J. Woodham, S. Bhuiyan, and N. Ishii, “Neural Network Based Photometric Stereo for Object with Non-Uniform Reflectance Factor,” Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP’99), Vol.III, pp. 1213-1218, 1999.
-  H. Kawanaka, Y. Iwahori, R. J. Woodham, and K. Funahashi, “Color Photometric Stereo and Virtual Image Rendering Using Neural Network,” Trans. of IEICE, Vol.J89-D-II, No.2, pp. 381-392, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  K. Ikeuchi, Y. Sato, K. Nishino, and I. Sato, “Modeling from Reality: Photometric Aspect,” Trans. of Virtual Reality Society in Japan, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 623-630, 1999. (in Japanese)
-  A. Laurentini, “How Far 3D Shapes Can Be Understood from 2D Silhouettes,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 188-195, 1995.
-  S. Hiura, K. Sato, and S. Inokuchi, “Simultaneous Measurement of Shape and Reflectance by Rotating Object,” Trans. of Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.36, No.10, pp. 2295-2302, 1995.
-  Y. Iwahori, Y. Watanabe, K. Funahashi, and R. J. Woodham, “Self-Calibrated Neural Network Based Photometric Stereo,” Int. J. of Computer and Information Science, Vol.3, No.1, 40359, 2002.
-  G. Meister, R. Wiemker, R. Monno, H. Spitzer, and A. Strahler, “Investigation on the Torrance-Sparrow Specular BRDF Model,” IGARSS’98, Vol.4, pp. 2095-2097, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.