Fuzzy-Clustering-Based Discriminant Method of Multiple Quadric Surfaces for Noisy and Sparse Range Data
Hideaki Kawano, Hiroshi Maeda, and Norikazu Ikoma
Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 1-1 Sensui-cho, Tobata-ku, Kitakyushu 804-8550, Japan
-  G. O. Young, “Synthetic structure of industrial plastics (Book style with paper title and editor),” in Plastics, 2nd ed., Vol.3, J. Peters, Ed., New York: McGraw-Hill, pp. 15-64, 1964.
-  J. Williams and M. Bennamoun, “A Multiple view 3D registration algorithm with statistical error modeling,” IEICE Trans. Inf. & Syst., Vol.E83-D, No.8, pp. 1662-1670, 2000.
-  C. Wang, H. Takahashi, H. Hirayu, Y. Niwa, and K. Yamamoto, “Polyhedral description of panoramic range data by stable plane extraction,” IEICE Trans. Inf. & Syst., Vol.E85-D, No.9, pp. 1399-1408, 2002.
-  G. K. Kraetzschmar and S. Enderle, “Self-localization using sporadic features,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.40, Issues 2-3, pp. 111-119, 2002.
-  D. Hahnel, W. Burgard, and S. Thrun, “Learning compact 3D models of indoor and outdoor environments with a mobile robot,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.44, pp. 15-27, 2003.
-  Y. Y. Cha and D. G. Gweon, “A calibration and range-data extraction algorithm for an omnidirectional laser range finder of a freeranging mobile robot,” Mechatronics, Vol.6, pp. 665-689, 1996.
-  A. A. Y. Mustafa, L. G. Shapiro, and M. A. Ganter, “3D object identification with color and curvature signatures,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.32, pp. 339-355, 1999.
-  H. Dijck and F. Heijden, “Object recognition with stereo vision and geometric hashing,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.24, pp. 137-146, 2003.
-  S. Miyamoto, “Introduction to cluster analysis: theory and applications of fuzzy clustering,” Morikita-Shuppan, Tokyo, 1999.
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern recognition with fuzzy objective function algorithm,” Plenum, New York, 1981.
-  R. N. Dave, “Characterization and Detection of Noise in Clustering,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.12, pp. 657-664, 1991.
-  T. Irie, H. Katou, H.Maeda, “Object recognition from stereo images using synergetics and combinatorial optimization,” Proc. of SICE Annual Conf. 2003, in CD-ROM, pp. 1221-1226, 2003.
-  T. Calinski and Harabasz, “A dendrite method for cluster analysis,” Communication in Statistics, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 1-27, 1974.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.