Integrated Eco-Design Tool for Malaysian Automobile Industry
Julirose Gonzales, Novita Sakundarini, Raja Ariffin, and Zahari bin Taha
Center for Product Design and Manufacturing, Department of Engineering Design and Manufacture Faculty of Engineering, University Malaya 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
-  S. Vachon, “Green Supply Chain Practices:An Examination of their Antecedents and Performance Outcomes,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Western Ontario, Canada, 2003.
-  www.oica.net Int. Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers.
-  A.Tsuji, “Recyclability Index for Automobiles,” Thesis, California Polytechnic State University, 2006.
-  Y. Hiroshige, T. Nishi, and T. Ohashi, “Recyclability Evaluation Method (REM) and Its Application,” J. of IEEE, 2001.
-  T. Zettier, M. Essenpreis, and K. Vornberger, “Evaluation of the Recyclability of Vehicle during the Product Development Phases,” Proc. of Total Life Cycle Conf. and Exposition, 2000.
-  J. Huisman, C. Boks, and A. b. Stevels, “Environmentally Weighted Recycling Quotes-Better Justifiable and Environmentally More Correct,” J. of IEEE, 2000.
-  J. Huisman, A. b. Stevels, and A. Middendorf, “Calculating Environmentally Weighted Recyclability of Consumer Electronic Products Using Different Environmental Assessment Model,” IEEE J., 2001.
-  Y. A. Phillis, V. S. Kouikoglou, and X. Zhu, “A Fuzzy Logic Approach to the Evaluation of Material Recyclability,” J. of IEEE, 2005.
-  Z. F. Liu, X. P. Liu, and S.W.Wang, “Recycling Strategy and a Recyclability Assessment Model Based on An Artificial Neural Network,” J. of Materials Processing Technology Vol.129, Issues 1-3, 11 October 2002, pp. 500-506, 2002.
-  N. Oyasato, H. Kobayashi, and K. Haruki, “Development of Recyclability Evaluation Tool,” J. of IEEE, 2001.
-  A. A. Munoz and P. Sheng, “An Analytical Approach for determining the environmental impact of machining processes,” J. of Material Processing Technology, 1995.
-  T. Xianchun, L. Fei, and C. Huajun, “Green-manufacturing-oriented synthetic selection model for cutting fluid and its applying case tool engineering,” Magazine for cutting & measuring engineering.
-  S. Nawata and T. Aoyama, “Life-cycle design system for machined parts — linkage of LCI data to CAD/CAM data,” In: Ecodesign, second Int. symposium on environmentally conscious design and inverse manufacturing (EcoDesign’01), p. 299, 2001.
-  Capelli et al., “Integration of LCA and Ecodesign guideline in a virtual CAD framework,” Proc. of the 13th Int. Conf. on Life Cycle Engineering, Leuven, June 2006.
-  T. Suga, K. Saneshige, and J. Fujimoto, “Quantitative disassembly evaluation,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE Int. Symposium on electronics and the environment, pp. 19-24, 1996.
-  S. Arimoto et al., “Method of Evaluating easiness of works and processing performed on articles and evaluation apparatus,” United States Patent 5586022, 1994.
-  A. Gungor and S. M. Gupta, “An Evaluation Methodology For Disassembly Processes,” Computer in Industrial Engineering 33, 1997.
-  K. Jin et al., “Method and device for evaluating assemblability and reverse assemblability,” United States Patent 6434438 B1, 1998.
-  E. Kroll and B. S. Carver, “Disassembly analysis through time estimation and other metrics,” Robotics and computer integrated manufacturing, Vol.15, pp. 191- 200, 1999.
-  A. Desai and A. Mital, “Evaluation of Disassemblability to enable design for disassembly in mass production,” J. of Industrial Ergonomics 32, 2003.
-  Design for Environment Manual, Boothroyd Dewhurst Inc., 1996.
-  H. S. Mok, H. J. Kim, and K. S. Moon, “Disassemblability of Mechanical Parts in Automobile for Recycling,” Computer in Industrial Engineering 33, 1997.
-  F. Mathieux, D. Froelich, and P. Moszkowicz, “ReSICLED: A New Recovery Concious Design Method for Complex Products Based on Multicriteria Assessment of the recoverability,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.16, pp. 277-298, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.