Micro Robot Control by Use of Electroencephalograms from Right Frontal Area
Takahiro Yamanoi*1, Hisashi Toyoshima*2, Toshimasa Yamazaki*3, Shin-ichi Ohnishi*1, Michio Sugeno*4, and Elie Sanchez*5
*1 Division of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkai-Gakuen University, W11-1-1, S26, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 064-0926 Japan
*2 Japan Technical Software, West 3-1-14, North 21, North ward, Sapporo 001-0021, Japan
*3 Department of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
*4 Faculty of Information Science, Doshisha University, Miyako-dani, Tatara, Kyotanabe, Kyoto 610-0394 Japan
*5 LIF, Faculty of Medicine, Aix-Marseille University, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Bd Jean Moulin 13385 Marseille Cedex5, France
-  R. A. McCarthy and E. K. Warrington, “Cognitive neuropsychology: a clinical introduction,” Academic Press, San Diego, 1990.
-  Geschwind and A. M. Galaburda, “Cerebral Lateralization,” The Genetical Theory of Natural Selection, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1987.
-  K. Parmer, P. C. Hansen, M. L. Kringelbach, I. Holliday, G. Barnes, A. Hillebrand, K. H. Singh, and P. L. Cornelissen, “Visual word recognition: the first half second,” NuroImage, Vol.22-4, pp. 1819-1825, 2004.
-  T. Yamanoi, T. Yamazaki, J.-L. Vercher, E. Sanchez, and M. Sugeno, “Dominance of recognition of words presented on right or left eye -Comparison of Kanji and Hiragana-,” Modern Information Processing, From Theory to Applications, Elsevier Science B.V., Oxford, pp. 407-416, 2006.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, S. Ohnishi, and T.Yamazaki, “Localization of brain activity to visual stimuli of linear movement of a circle by equivalent current dipole analysis,” Proc. of the 19th Symposium on Biological and Physical Engineering, pp. 271-272, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yamazaki, K. Kamijo, T. Kiyuna, Y. Takaki, Y. Kuroiwa, A. Ochi, and H. Otsubo, “PC-based multiple equivalent current dipole source localization system and its applications,” Res. Adv. in Biomedical Eng., 2, pp. 97-109, 2001.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, S. Ohnishi, T. Yamazaki, and M. Sugeno, “Spatiotemporal Human Brain Activities by Visual Stimulus of Directional Characters and Symbols,” Proc. 3rd Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics- ISCIII2007, Agadir, Morocco, pp. 195-198, 2007.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, S. Ohnishi, T. Yamazaki, and M. Sugeno, “Fundamental research for brain machine interface by use of EEG from right upper frontal gyrus,” Engineering Research, The Bulletin of Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkai-Gakuen University, Sapporo, pp. 43-47, 2007.
-  http://www.e-puck.org/
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, S. Ohnishi, T. Yamazaki, and M. Sugeno, “Micro Robot Control by EEG on Mental Translation with Directional Symbols,” the Fifth Int. Conf. on Computational Intelligence,Robotics and Autonomous Systems-CIRAS2008, Linz, Austria, pp. 79-83, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.