An Integrated Algorithm for Autonomous Navigation of a Mobile Robot in an Unknown Environment
Lee Gim Hee* and Marcelo H. Ang Jr.**
*DSO National Laboratories, 20 Science Park Drive, Singapore 118230
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117576
-  J. -C. Latombe, “Robot Motion Planning,” Boston Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
-  V. Akman, “Unobstructed Shortest Paths in Polyhedral Environments,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 1987.
-  C. ’Dnliang and C. Yap, “Retraction: A New Approach to Motion Planning,” Proceeding of the 15th ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing, Boston, pp. 207-220, 1983.
-  J. Schwartz and M. Sharir, “On the Piano Movers’ Problem: The Case if a Two-Dimensional Rigid Polygonal Body Moving Amidst Polygonal Barriers,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.36, pp. 345-398, 1983.
-  J. Borenstien and Y. Koren, “The Vector Field Histogram – Fast Obstacle Avoidance For Mobile Robots,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation Vol.7, No.3, pp. 278-288, June 1991.
-  J. Borenstien and Y. Koren, “Potential Field Methods and Their Inherent Limitations for Mobile Robot Navigation,” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Sacramento, California, pp.1398-1404, April 7-12, 1991.
-  O. Khatib, “Real-Time Obstacle Avoidance for Manipulators and Mobile Robots,” Int. Journal of Robotic Research, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 90-98, 1986.
-  B. Yamauchi, “A Frontier-Based Approach for Autonomous Exploration,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Symposium on the Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, Monterey, CA, pp. 146-151, 1997.
-  C. W. Lim, S. Y. Lim, and M. H. Ang Jr., “Hybrid of Global Path Planning and Local Navigation implemented on a Mobile Robot in Indoor Environment,” Proc. of the 2002 IEEE Int. Symposium on Intelligent Control, Vancouver Canada, pp. 821-826, 2002.
-  S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “Probabilistic Robotics,” The MIT Press, Cambridge Massachusetts, London, England, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.