Maintaining Individual Diversity by Fuzzy c -Means Selection
Yoshiaki Sakakura*, Noriyuki Taniguchi**, Yukinobu Hoshino***,
and Katsuari Kamei*
*College of Information Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University,1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
**Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
***Department of Electronic and Photonic Systems Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, 185 Miyanokuchi, Tosayamada-cho, Kami, Kochi 782-8502, Japan
-  D. E. Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning,” Addison-Wesley, 1989.
-  E. Zitzler and L. Thiele, “Multiobjective evolutionary algorithms: a comparative case study and the strength pareto approach,” IEEE Transaction on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 257-271, 1999.
-  H. E. Aguirre, K. Tanaka, T. Sugimura, and S. Oshita, “Improved distributed genetic algorithm with cooperative-competitive genetic operators,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.5, pp. 3816-3822, 2000.
-  H. Ben Amor and A. Rettinger, “Intelligent exploration for genetic algorithms: Using self-organizing maps in evolutionary computation,” Proc. 2005 Conf. on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1531-1538, 2005.
-  M. Miki, T. Hiroyasu, M. Kaneko, and K. Hatanaka, “A parallel genetic algorithm with distributed environment scheme,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.1, pp. 695-700, 1999.
-  V. Rupela and G. Dozier, “Parallel and distributed evolutionary computations for multimodal functions,” Proc. 5th Biannual World Automation Congress, Vol.13, pp. 307-312, 2002.
-  F. de Toro, J. Ortega, J. Fernández, and A. Díaz, “PSFGA: A parallel genetic algorithm for multiobjective optimization,” Proc. 10th Euromicro Workshop on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing, pp. 384-391, 2002.
-  S. Ando, J. Sakuma, and S. Kobayashi, “Adaptive isolation model using data clustering for multimodal function optimization,” Proc. 2005 Conf. on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1417-1424, 2005.
-  H. Shimodaira, “A diversity-control-oriented genetic algorithm (DCGA): Performance in function optimization,” Proc. 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.1, pp. 44-51, 2001.
-  J. A. Martin H., “Search space modulation in genetic algorithms: Evolving the search space by sinusoidal transformations,” Proc. 2005 Conf. on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1559-1560, 2005.
-  N. Sangkawelert and N. Chaiyaratana, “Diversity control in a multiobjective genetic algorithm,” Proc. 2003 Conf. on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, Vol.4, pp. 2704-2711, 2003.
-  H.-Z. Yang, F.-C. Li, and C.-M. Wang, “A density clustering based niching genetic algorithm for multimodal optimization,” Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 1599-1604, 2005.
-  J. Gan and K. Warwick, “Dynamic niches clustering: A fuzzy variable radius niching technique for multimodal optimisation in GAs,” Proc. 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.1, pp. 215-222, 2001.
-  T.-Y. Huang and Y.-Y. Chen, “Diversity-based selection pooling scheme in evolutionary strategies,” Proc. 2001 ACM symposium on Applied computing, pp. 351-355, 2001.
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Plenum Press, 1981.
-  J. MacQueen, “Some methods for classification and analysis of multivariate observations,” Proc. 5th Berkeley Symposium on Math, Statistics and Probability, 1, pp. 281-297, 1967.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.