Human Head Tracking Based on Particle Swarm Optimization and Genetic Algorithm
Indra Adji Sulistijono*,** and Naoyuki Kubota***,****
*Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
**Electronics Eng. Polytechnic Institute of Surabaya - ITS (EEPIS-ITS), Kampus ITS Sukolilo, Surabaya 60111, Indonesia
***Dept. of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
****SORST, Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
-  R. A. Brooks, “Cambrian Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  T. Fukuda and N. Kubota, “An Intelligent Robotic System Based on a Fuzzy Approach,” Proc. of IEEE, Vol.87, No.9, pp. 1448-1470, 1999 (Invited Paper).
-  M. T. Turvey and R. E. Shaw, “Ecological Foundations of Cognition I. Symmetry and Specificity of Animal-Environment Systems,” Journal of Consciousness Studies 6, No.11-12, pp. 95-110, 1999.
-  M. T. Turvey and R. E. Shaw, “Ecological Foundations of Cognition II. Degree of Freedom and Conserved Quantities in Animal-Environment Systems,” Journal of Consciousness Studies 6, No.11-12, pp. 111-123, 1999.
-  J. Gibson, “The Ecological Approach to Visual Perception,” LEA, 1986.
-  M. Eysenck, “Perception and Attention,” Michael Eysenck (Eds.), Psychology, Prentice Hall, pp. 139-166, 1998.
-  D. Marr, “Vision,” W.H.Freeman, San Francisco, 1982.
-  S. J. Russell and P. Norvig, “Artificial Intelligence,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1995.
-  J. S. Jang, C. T. Sun, and E. Mizutani, “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1997.
-  T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani, and J. Friedman, “The Elements of Statistical Learning,” Springer-Verlag, 2001.
-  R. C. Eberhart, Y. Shi, and J. Kennedy, “Swarm Intelligence,” Morgan Kaufmann Publisher, San Francisco, March, 2001.
-  E. Bonabeau, M. Dorigo, and G. Theraulaz, “Swarm Intelligence: From Natural to Artificial Systems,” Oxford University Press, New York, Sept., 1999.
-  G. Syswerda, “A Study of Reproduction on Generational and Steady-State Genetic Algorithms,” Book: Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Mateo, pp. 94-101, 1991.
-  Z. Michalewicz, “Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs,” Springer, 1996.
-  N. Kubota, D. Hisajima, F. Kojima, and T. Fukuda, “Fuzzy and Neural Computing for Communication of A Partner Robot,” Journal of Multiple Valued Logic and Soft-Computing, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 221-239, 2003.
-  S. Birchfield, “Elliptical Head Tracking Using Intensity Gradients and Color Histograms,” Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Santa Barbara, California, pp. 232-237, 1998.
-  M. Shanahan and D. Randell, “A Logic-Based Formulation of Active Visual Perception,” Journal American Association for Artificial Intelligence, 2004.
-  A. Bissacco and S. Soatto, “Visual Tracking of Human Body with Deforming Motion and Shape Average,” UCLA CSD Technical Report 020046, November, 2002.
-  Y. Shi, “Particle Swarm Optimization,” Article on IEEE Neural Network Society Bulletin, pp. 8-13, Feb., 2004.
-  F. van den Bergh and A. P. Engelbrecht, “A Cooperative Approach to Particle Swarm Optimization,” Journal of IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 225-239, 2004.
-  M. G. Omran, A. P. Engelbrecht, and A. Salman, “A Color Image Quantization Algorithm Based on Particle Swarm Optimization,” Journal of Informatica, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 261-269, 2005.
-  E. Elbeltagi, T. Hegazy, and D. Grierson, “Comparison among five evolutionary-based optimization algorithms,” Proc. of Advanced Engineering Informatics 29, pp. 43-53, 2005.
-  N. Kubota, I. A. Sulistijono, and Y. Ito, “Visual Perception for A Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence,” Proc. of the International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Applications (ISCIIA2004), Haikou-Hainan China, 2004.
-  N. Kubota and K. Nishida, “Human Recognition of A Partner Robot Based on Relevance Theory and Neuro-Fuzzy Computing,” Proc. of International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), pp. 2812-2817, 2005.
-  I. A. Sulistijono and N. Kubota, “Human Clustering For A Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence,” Proc. of the Fuzzy System and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD05) LNAI-3613, Springer, pp. 1001-1010, Sep., 2005.
-  I. A. Sulistijono and N. Kubota, “Visual Perception For A Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.9, No.6, pp. 654-660, 2005.
-  I. A. Sulistijono and N. Kubota, “Human Clustering for A Partner Robot Based on Particle Swarm Optimization,” Proceeding of The 15th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 06), Hatfield, United Kingdom, pp. 686-691, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.