Self-Organizing Map with Generating and Moving Neurons in Visible Space
Kanta Tachibana and Takeshi Furuhashi
Dept. of Computational Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Furou-cho, Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
-  D. Alahakoon and S. K. Halgamuge, “Dynamic self-organizing maps with controlled growth for knowledge discovery,” IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks, 11(3), pp. 601-614, May 2000.
-  J. Blackmore and R. Miikkulainen, “Incremental grid growing: Encoding high-dimensional structure into a two-dimensional feature map,” In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks (ICNN93), pp. 450-455, 1993.
-  J. Blackmore and R. Miikkulainen, “Visualizing high-dimensional structure with the incremental grid growing neural network,” In Proc. of the 12th International Conference on Machine Learning, 1995.
-  Q. Du, V. Faber, and M. Gunzburger, “Centroidal voronoi tessellations: Applications and algorithms,” Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Review, 41(4), pp. 637-676, October 1999.
-  B. Fritzke, “Let it grow – self-organizing feature maps with problem dependent cell structure,” In T. Kohonen, K. Mäkisara, O. Simula, and J. Kangas (Eds.), Artificial Neural Networks, Vol.I, pp. 403-408, Amsterdam, Netherlands, North-Holland, 1991.
-  B. Fritzke, “Unsupervised clustering with growing cell structures,” In International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN91), Vol.II, pp. 531-536, July 1991.
-  B. Fritzke, “Growing cell structures – a self-organizing network for unsupervised and supervised learning,” Neural Networks, 7, pp. 1441-1460, 1994.
-  B. German, “Glass identification database,” September 1987.
available from ics.uci.edu at the directory /pub/machine-learningdatabases/glass/.
-  S. Kaski and K. Lagus, “Comparing self-organizing maps,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1112, pp. 809-814, 1996.
-  K. Kiviluoto, “Topology preservation in self-organizing maps,” In Proc. International Conference on Neural Networks (ICNN’96), Vol.1, pp. 294-299, 1996.
-  T. Kohonen, “Automatic formation of topological maps of patterns in a self-organizing system,” In Proc. 2nd Scand. Conf. on Image Analysis, pp. 214-220, 1981.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-organized formation of topologically correct feature maps,” Biological Cybernetics, 43(1), pp. 59-69, January 1982.
-  T. Kohonen, “The speedy som,” Report a33, Helsinki University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology, Laboratory of Computer and Information Science, 1996.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer, 3rd edition, 2001.
-  T. Kohonen, J. Hynninen, J. Kangas, and J. Laaksonen, “Som_pak: The self-organizing map program package,” Report a31, Helsinki University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology, Laboratory of Computer and Information Science, Rakentajanaukio 2C, SF-02150 Espoo, Finland, January 1996.
-  S. P. Lloyd, “Least squares quantization in pcm,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IT-28(2), pp. 129-137, March 1982.
-  D. Nakatsuka and M. Oyabu, “Application of spherical som in clustering,” In Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps (WSOM03), pp. 203-207, 2003.
-  D. Polani, “Organization measures for self-organizing maps,” In T. Kohonen, (Ed.), Proc. Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps (WSOM97), pp. 280-285, 1997.
-  J. S. Rodrigues and L. B. Almeida, “Improving the learning speed in topological maps of patterns,” In Proc. of International Neural Networks Conference (INNC’90), pp. 813-816, 1990.
-  J. S. Rodrigues and L. B. Almeida, “Neural Networks: Advances and Applications,” chapter Improving the convergence in Kohonen topological maps, pp. 63-78. North-Holland, The Netherland, 1991.
-  A. Sangole and G. K. Knopf, “Visualization of randomly ordered numeric data sets using spherical self-organizing feature maps,” Computers & Graphics, 27, pp. 963-976, 2003.
-  K. Sugihara, “Robust gift wrapping for the three-dimensional convex hull,” J. Comput. Syst. Sci., 49(2), pp. 391-407, 1994.
-  K. Tachibana and T. Furuhashi, “A method to evaluate topological information for self-organizing maps,” In Proc. of Joint 3rd International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 7th International Symposium on advanced Intelligent Systems (SCIS&ISIS2006), pp. 2210-2213, 2006.
-  D. J. Watts, “A simple model of global cascades on random networks,” In Proc. of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), Vol.99, pp. 5766-5771, April 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.