Interpretable Fuzzy Rules Acquisition of Coupled System Using Interactive Genetic Algorithms
Dun-Yong Lu* and Takehisa Onisawa**
*School of Mechanical and Vehicular Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, 5 South Zhongguancun Street, Haidian District, Beijing, 100081, P. R. China
**Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  Y. Jin and B. Sendhoff, “Extracting interpretable fuzzy rules from RBF Neural Networks,” Neural Processing Letter, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 149-164, 2003.
-  T. Suzuki, T. Furuhashi, and H. Tsutsui, “Evolutionary algorithm based fuzzy modeling using conciseness measure,” Proc. of Joint 9th IFSA Congress and 20th NAFIPS Int’l Conf., pp. 1575-1580, 2001.
-  L. Sanchez, “A fast genetic method for inducing linguistically understandable fuzzy models,” Proc. of Joint 9th IFSA Congress and 20th NAFIPS Int’l Conf., pp. 1559-1563, 2001.
-  H. Ishibuchi and T. Nakashima, “Three-objective genetics-based machine learning for linguistic rule extraction,” Information Science, Vol.136, pp. 109-133, 2001.
-  H. Roubos and M. Setnes, “Compact and transparent fuzzy models and classifiers through iterative complexity reduction,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, pp. 516-524, 2001.
-  D. Chakraborty and N. R. Pal, “Integrated feature analysis and fuzzy rule-based system identification in a neuro-fuzzy paradigm,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, Cybernetics, Vol.B-31, pp. 391-400, 2001.
-  B. Wu and X. Yu, “Fuzzy modeling and identification with genetic algorithm based learning,” Fuzzy Sets and System, Vol.113, pp. 351-365, 2000.
-  M. Setnes, R. Babuska, U. Kaymak, and H. R. van Nauta Lemke, “Similarity measures in fuzzy rule base simplification,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern-Part B, Vol.28, pp. 376-386, 1998.
-  R. Guglielmann and L. Ironi, “The need for qualitative reasoning in fuzzy modeling: robustness and interpretability issues,” 18th International Workshop on Qualitative Reasoning, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA, August 2-4, 2004.
-  T. Onisawa, “Soft computing in human centered systems thinking,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 3558, V. Torra, Y. Narukawa, S. Miyamoto (Eds.), Modeling Decisions for Artificial Intelligence, pp. 36-46, 2005.
-  H. Takagi, “Interactive evolutionary computation: fusion of the capabilities of EC optimization and human evaluation,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.89, No.9, pp. 1275-1296, 2001.
-  Y. Dote and S. J. Ovaska, “Industrial Applications of Soft Computing: A Review,” The Special Issue on Industrial Innovation Using Soft Computing, Proc. of the IEEE, September, 2001.
-  S. Mitra, S. K. Pal, and P. Mitra, “Data mining in soft computing framework: A survey,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 3-14, 2002.
-  M. Ohsaki and H. Takagi, “An input method using discrete fitness values for interactive GA,” J. of intelligent and fuzzy systems, Vol.6, pp. 131-145, 1998.
-  M. Naao and M. Yamamoto, “Evaluation of the image retrieval system using interactive genetic algorithm,” J. of Japanese society for artificial intelligence, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 720-727, 1998.
-  T. Ingu and H. Takagi, “Accelerating a GA convergence by fitting a single-peak function,” IEEE int. conf. on fuzzy systems, pp. 1415-1420, August 1999.
-  Y. Ishino and T. Terano, “Marketing data analysis using simulated breeding and inductive learning techniques,” J. of Japanese society for artificial intelligence, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 121-131, 1997.
-  M. Tabuchi and T. Taura, “Methodology for interactive knowledge acquisition between genetic learning engine and human,” J. of Japanese society for artificial intelligence, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 600-607, 1996.
-  Y. Jin, “Fuzzy modeling of high-dimensional systems: complexity reduction and interpretability improvement,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 212-221, 2000.
-  X. Wang, “Genetic algorithms: theory and applications,” Xian Jiaotong University Publishing House, pp. 18-50, 2002.
-  H. Ishibuchi and T. Yamamoto, “Fuzzy rule selection by multiobjective genetic local search algorithms and rule evaluation measures in data mining,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.141, No.1, pp. 59-88, January 2004.
-  Y. Jin, W. V. Seelen, and B. Sendhoff, “On Generating FC3 Fuzzy Rule Systems from Data Using Evolution Strategies,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.29, No.6, pp. 829-845, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.