Genetic and Bacterial Programming for B-Spline Neural Networks Design
János Botzheim*, Cristiano Cabrita**, László T. Kóczy*,***,
and Antonio E. Ruano**
*Department of Telecommunications and Media Informatics, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Magyar Tudósok Krt. 2, Budapest, H-1117, Hungary
**Centre for Intelligent Systems, University of Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, 8000 Faro, Portugal
***Institute of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, Széchenyi István University, Győr, Hungary
-  C. Bishop, “Improving the generalization properties of radial basis function neural networks,” Neural Computation, Vol.3, pp. 579-588, 1991.
-  J. Botzheim, B. Hámori, L. T. Kóczy, and A. E. Ruano, “Bacterial algorithm applied for fuzzy rule extraction,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-based Systems, IPMU 2002, pp. 1021-1026, Annecy, France, 2002.
-  M. Brown and C. Harris, “Neurofuzzy Adaptive Modelling and Control,” Prentice-Hall, 1994.
-  C. Cabrita, A. E. Ruano, and C. M. Fonseca, “Single and multiobjective genetic programming design for B-spline neural networks and neuro-fuzzy systems,” IFAC Workshop on Advanced Fuzzy/Neural Control (AFNC’01), pp. 93-98, Valencia, Spain, 2001.
-  C. Cabrita, J. Botzheim, A. E. Ruano, and L. T. Kóczy, “Genetic programming and bacterial algorithm for neural networks and fuzzy systems design,” IFAC International Conference on Intelligent Control Systems and Signal Processing (ICONS 2003), pp. 500-505, Faro, Portugal, 2003.
-  C. Cabrita, J. Botzheim, A. E. Ruano, and L. T. Kóczy, “Design of B-spline Neural Networks using a Bacterial Programming Approach,” International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 2313-2318, Budapest, Hungary, 2004.
-  J. H. Friedman, “Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines,” The Annals of Statistics, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 1-141, 1991.
-  D. E. Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning,” Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts, 1989.
-  J. H. Holland, “Adaptation in natural and artificial systems,” University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, USA, 1975.
-  L. T. Kóczy and A. Zorat, “Fuzzy systems and approximation,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.85, pp. 203-222, 1995.
-  J. R. Koza, “Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection,” MIT Press, 1992.
-  J. R. Koza, “Genetic Programming II, Automatic Discovery of Reusable Programs,” 2nd ed., MIT, 1998.
-  H. B. Mann and D. R. Whitney, “On a test of whether one of two random variables is stochastically larger than the other,” Annals of Mathematical Statistics, Vol.18, pp. 50-60, 1947.
-  N. E. Nawa and T. Furuhashi, “Fuzzy System Parameters Discovery by Bacterial Evolutionary Algorithm,” IEEE Tr. Fuzzy Systems 7, pp. 608-616, 1999.
-  N. E. Nawa, T. Hashiyama, T. Furuhashi, and Y. Uchikawa, “Fuzzy logic controllers generated by pseudo-bacterial genetic algorithm,” in Proc. IEEE 1997 Int. Conf. Neural Networks (ICNN’97), Houston, pp. 2408-2413, 1997.
-  O. Nelles, “Nonlinear Systems Identification with Local Linear Neuro-Fuzzy Models,” Ph.D. Thesis, TU Darmstadt, Germany, 2000.
-  A. E. Ruano, C. Cabrita, J. V. Oliveira, and L. T. Kóczy, “Supervised training algorithms for B-spline neural networks and neurofuzzy systems,” International Journal of Systems Science, Vol.33, No.8, pp. 689-711, 2002.
-  E. Weyer and T. Kavli, “The ASMOD Algorithm. Some New Theoretical and Experimental Results,” SINTEF Report STF31 A95024, Oslo, 1995.
-  K. F. C. Yiu, S. Wang, K. L. Teo, and A. C. Tsoi, “Nonlinear System Modeling via Knot-Optimizing B-Spline Networks,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.12, pp. 1013-1022, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.