Avoidance Ability of Redundant Mobile Manipulators During Hand Trajectory Tracking
Mamoru Minami*, Hiroshi Tanaka**, and Yasushi Mae*
*Dept. of Human and Artificial Intelligence System, University of Fukui, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui 910-0017, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, University of Fukui, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui 910-0017, Japan
We propose a criterion of obstacle avoidance for a mobile manipulator, consisting of a redundant manipulator and a mobile robot. In the configuration control study of redundant manipulators, the avoidance manipulability ellipsoid and the avoidance manipulability shape index have been suggested as an index to symbolize avoidance ability of the manipulator’s shape when the hand tracks a desired trajectory. In following proposed criteria of obstacle avoidance ability, we extend concepts for mobile manipulators to discuss the avoidance ability of intermediate links for mobile operations. We start by analytically formulating, the avoidance manipulability ellipsoid and the avoidance manipulability shape index of a mobile manipulator. We then evaluate the avoidance manipulability shape index representing shape changeability for the entire manipulator’s configuration using a mobile manipulator with a three-link arm as an example.
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Analysis and Control of Robot Manipulator with Redundancy,” MIT Press, First International Symposium of Robotics Research, pp. 735-747, 1984.
-  Y. Nakamura, H. Hanafusa, and T. Yoshikawa, “Task-Priority Based Redundancy Control of Robot Manipulators,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 3-15, 1987.
-  C. W. Wampeler II, “Manipulator Inverse Kinematics Solutions Based on Vector Formulations and Damped Least-squares Methods,” IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern., SMC-16(1), 1986.
-  L. Kelmar and P. K. Khosla, “Automatic Generation of Forward and Inverse Kinematics for a Reconfigurable Modular Manipulator System,” J. of Robotics Systems, Vol.7, pp. 599-619, 1990.
-  R. V. Mayorga, F. Janabi-Sharifi, and A. K. C. Wong, “A Fast Approach for the Robust Trajectory Planning of Redundant Robot Manipulators,” Int. J. of Robotics Systems, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 147-161, 1995.
-  S. Ma and M. Watanabe, “Minimum time path-tracking control of redundant manipulators,” Proceedings, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2000, Vol.1, pp. 27-32, 2000.
-  L. Zlajpah and B. Nemec, “Kinematic control algorithms for online obstacle avoidance for redundant manipulators,” Proceedings, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2002, Vol.2, pp. 1898-1903, 2002.
-  G. Marani, J. Kim, J. Y. Wan, and K. Chung, “A real-time approach for singularity avoidance in resolved motion rate control of robotic manipulator,” Proceedings, ICRA’02 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2002, Vol.2, pp. 1973-1978, 2002.
-  M. Minami, Y. Nomura, and T. Asakura, “Trajectry Tracking and Obstacle Avoidance Control to Unknown Objects for Redundant Manipulators Utilizing Preview Control,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, No.95-1813, pp. 3543-3550, 1996.
-  M. Minami, Y. Nomura, and T. Asakura, “Preview and Postview Control System for Tajectry Tracking and Obstacle Avoidance to Unknown Objects for Redundant Manipulators,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 573-580, 1997.
-  M. Minami, J. Agubanhan, and T. Asakura, “Manipulator Visual Servoing and Tracking of Fish using Genetic Algorithm,” Int. J. of Industrial Robot, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 278-289, 1999.
-  M. Minami, J. Agubanhan, and T. Asakura, “Robust Scene Recognition using a GA and Real-world Raw-image,” Measurement, Vol.29, pp. 249-267, 2001.
-  X. D. Yang, M. Yamamoto, and A. Mohri, “Collision-Free Trajectory Planning for Manipulator Using Potential Function,” The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, No.93-1517, pp. 2345-2350, 1994.
-  T. Yosikawa, “Foundations of Robot Control,” CORONA PUBLISHING CO.,LTD, pp. 109-131, 1988.
-  M. Minami and M. Takahara, “Avoidance Manipulability for Redundant Manipulators,” The 2003 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, Proceeding CD-ROM paper No.140, pp. 314-319, 2003.
-  H. Tanaka, M. Takahara, and M. Minami, “Trajectory Tracking Control of Redundant Manipulator Based on Avoidance Manipulability,” SICE Annual Conference 2004 in Sapporo Proceedings, WAI-15-4, pp. 1962-1967, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.