Topological Structures of Rough Sets Induced by Equivalence Relations
Michiro Kondo* and Wieslaw A. Dudek**
*School of Information Environment, Tokyo Denki University, Inzai 270-1382, Japan
**Institute of Mathematics, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw 50-370, Poland
In this paper we consider some fundamental topological properties of rough sets induced by equivalence relations and show that 1. Every approximation space is retrieval. 2. For every approximation space X=(X,θ), X is strongly connected if and only if θ=X×X. Moreover we consider topological properties of generalized rough sets.
-  R. Biwas and S. Nandas, “Rough groups and rough subgroups,” Bull. Pol. Ac. Math., Vol.42, pp. 251-254, 1994.
-  W. A. Dudek, Y. B. Jun, and H. S. Kim, “Rough set theory applied to BCI-algebras,” Quasigroups and Related Systems, Vol.9, pp. 45-54, 2002.
-  T. B. Iwinski, “Algebraic approach to rough sets,” Bull. Pol. Ac. Math., Vol.35, pp. 673-683, 1987.
-  N. Kuroki, “Rough ideals in semigroups,” Information Sciences, Vol.100, pp. 139-163, 1997.
-  N. Kuroki and J. N. Mordeson, “Structures of rough sets and rough groups,” Jour. Fuzzy Math., Vol.5, pp. 183-191, 1997.
-  Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets,” Int. J. Inform. Comp. Sci., Vol.11, pp. 341-356, 1982.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.