Extending Fuzzy Directional Relationship and Applying for Mobile Robot Collision Avoidance Behavior
Long Thanh Ngo*, Long The Pham*, Phuong Hoang Nguyen**,
and Kaoru Hirota***
*Center of Simulation Technology, Le Quy Don Technical University, 100-Hoang Quoc Viet Rd., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
**Center of Health Information Technology, Ministry of Health, 3-Phuong Mai St., Dong Da Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
***Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, G3-49, 4259 Nagatsuta, Modori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
-  C. Fayad, and P. Webb, “Optimized Fuzzy Logic Based Algorithm for a Mobile Robot Collision Avoidance in an Unknown Environment,” 7th European Congress on Intelligent Techniques and Soft Computing, Aachen, Germany, 1999.
-  Y. Nojima, N. Kubota, F. Kojima, and T. Fukuda, “Control of Behavior Dimension for Mobile Robots,” The Fourth Asian Fuzzy Systems Symposium, Tsukuba, Japan, pp. 652-657, 2000.
-  J. Fleicher, and S. Marsland, “Learning to Autonomously Select Landmarks for Navigation and Communication,” Robotics and Autonomous System, 37(4), pp. 241-260, 2001.
-  I. Bloch, and A. Saffiotti, “On the Representation of Fuzzy Spatial Relations in Robot Maps,” Intelligent Systems for Information Processing, Elsevier, NL, pp. 47-57, 2003.
-  P. Matsakis, and L. Wendling, “A New Way to Represent the Relative Position between Areal Objects,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.21, No.7, pp. 634-643, 1999.
-  M. Skubic, G. Chronis, P. Matsakis, and J. Keller, “Generating Linguistic Spatial Descriptions from Sonar Readings Using the Histogram of Forces,” Proceedings of ICRA’2001 (IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation), Vol.1, pp. 485-490, 2001.
-  P. Matsakis, J. Keller, and L. Wendling, “F-Histograms and Fuzzy Directional Spatial Relations,” LFA’99 (Conference on Fuzzy Logic and Its Applications), Valenciennes, Vol.1, pp. 207-213, 1999.
-  P. Matsakis, J. M. Keller, L. Wendling, J. Marjamaa, and O. Sjahputera, “Linguistic Description of Relative Positions in Images,” IEEE Trans. on System, Man and Cybernetics-Part B:Cybernetics, Vol.31, No.4, 2001.
-  V. Setalaphruk, A. Ueno, I. Kume, Y. Kono, and M. Kidode, “Robot Navigation in Corridor Environments using a Sketch Floor Map,” The 5th IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, pp. 552-557, 2003.
-  A. Fukayama, M. Ida, and O. Katai, “Behavior-based Fuzzy Control Sytem for a Mobile Robot with Environment Recognition by Sensory-Motor Coordination,” Proceedings of IEEE International Fuzzy System Conference, Seoul, Korea, Vol.1, pp. 105-110, 1999.
-  M. Skubic, C. Bailey, S. Blisard, G. Chronis, C. Huggard, R. Luke, G. Scott, and M. Williams, “Guinness Phase I,” Technical Report, CECS Dept., Univ. of Missouri-Columbia, June 20, 2003.
-  J. M. Keller, and X. Wang, “A Fuzzy Rule-based Approach for Scene description Involving Spatial Relationship,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 2000.
-  K.-M. Lee, “Bipolar Fuzzy Sets and Their Basic Operations,” Proc. of International Conference on Intelligent Technologies, InTech 2000, Bangkok, Thailand, 2000.
-  H. Hagras, V. Callaghan, and M. Colley, “Outdoor Mobile Robot Learning and Adaptation,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 53-69, 2001.
-  M. O. Franz, and H. A. Mallot, “Biomimetic robot navigation,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.30, pp. 133-153, 2000.
-  F. Hoffman, “Soft Computing Techniques for the Design of Mobile Robot Behaviors,” Information Science, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.