Elevator Group Supervisory Control System Using Genetic Network Programming with Functional Localization
Toru Eguchi*, Jin Zhou*, Shinji Eto*, Kotaro Hirasawa*,
Jinglu Hu*, and Sandor Markon**
*Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Waseda University, Hibikino 2-7, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 803-0135, Japan
**The Product Development HQ of Fujitec Co. Ltd., 1-28-10 Sho, Ibaraki, Osaka, Japan
-  K. Hirasawa, M. Okubo, J. Hu, and J. Murata, “Comparison between Genetic Network Programming (GNP) and Genetic Programming (GP),” in Proc. of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1276-1282, 2001.
-  H. Katagiri, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “Network structure oriented evolutionary model –Genetic Network Programming– and its comparison with Genetic Programming,” in 2001 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Late Breaking Papers, pp. 219-226, 2001.
-  T. Eguchi, K. Hirasawa, J. Hu, and N. Ota, “A Study of Evolutionary Multiagent Models Based on Symbiosis,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.35, No.1, 2006.
-  G. Barney, “Elevator Traffic Handbook,” Spon Press, 2003.
-  T. Eguchi, K. Hirasawa, J. Hu, and S. Markon, “Elevator Group Supervisory Control Systems using Genetic Network Programming,” in Proc. of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2004, pp. 1661-1667, 2004.
-  T. Eguchi, J. Zhu, K. Hirasawa, J. Hu, and S. Markon, “Basic Study of Elevator Group Supervisory Control Systems using Genetic Network Programming,” Trans. IEE Japan, Vol.125-C, No.7, pp. 1055-1062, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  C. Kim, K. Seong, H. Lee-Kwang, and J. O. Kim, “Design and Implementation of a Fuzzy Elevator Group Control System,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A, Vol.28, No.3, pp. 277-287, 1998.
-  S. Eto, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “Functional Localization of Genetic Network Programming and its Application to a Pursuit Problem,” in Proc. of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2004, pp. 683-690, 2004.
-  S. Markon, H. Kita, and Y. Nishikawa, “Adaptive optimal elevator group control by use of neural networks,” Transactions of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, Vol.7, pp. 487-497, 1994.
-  B. A. Powell, D. J. Sirag, and B. L. Whitehall, “Artificial neural networks in elevator dispatching,” Elevatori, pp. 44-57, 2000.
-  H. Wan, C. Liu, and H. Liu, “NN Elevator Group-Control Method,” Elevator World, 2, pp. 149-154, 2003.
-  A. Fujino, T. Tobita, K. Segawa, K. Yoneda, and A. Togawa, “An elevator group control system with floor-attribute control method and system optimization using genetic algorithms,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., Vol.44, No.4, pp. 546-552, 1997.
-  S. Takahashi, H. Kita, H. Suzuki, T. Sudo, and S. Markon, “Simulation-based Optimization of a Controller for Multi-Car Elevators Using a Genetic Algorithm for Noisy Fitness Function,” in Proc. of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2003, pp. 1582-1587, 2003.
-  X. Bi, C. Zhu, and Q. Ye, “A GA-Based Approach to the Multi-Objective Optimization Problem in Elevator Group Control System,” Elevator World, 6, pp. 58-63, 2004.
-  P. Cortes, J. Larraneta, and L. Onieva, “Genetic algorithm for controllers in elevator groups: analysis and simulation during lunchpeak traffic,” Applied Soft Computing 4, pp. 159-174, 2004.
-  R. Gudwin, F. Gomide, and M. Netto, “A fuzzy elevator group controller with linear context adaptation,” in Proc. of FUZZ-IEEE98, WCCI’98 – IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, pp. 481-486, 1998.
-  R. Crites, and A. Barto, “Elevator Group Control Using Multiple Reinforcement Learning Agents,” Machine Learning, 33, pp. 235-262, 1998.
-  Z. Michalewicz, “Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs,” Second, extended edition, Springer, 1994.
-  K. Hirasawa, S. Kuzunuki, T. Iwasaka, T. Kaneko, and K. Kawatake, “A Call Allocating Method of Elevator Group Supervisory Control,” Trans. IEE Japan, Vol.99-C, No.2, pp. 27-32, 1979 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kurosawa, K. Hirasawa, S. Kuzunuki, K. Yoneda, Y. Sakai, and H. Haginaka, “An Intelligent Group Supervisory Control of Elevators,” Trans. IPS Japan, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 278-287, 1985 (in Japanese).
-  G. Barney, and S. dos Santos, “Elevator Traffic Analysis, Design and Control,” second ed., Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, 1985.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.