Towards a Model of Computer Science Graduate Admissions Decisions
Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at El Paso, 500 West University Avenue, El Paso, Texas 79968, USA
-  R. M. Dawes, “A Case Study of Graduate Admissions: Application of Three Principles of Human Decision Making,” American Psychologist, Vol.26, pp. 180-188, 1971.
-  N. Ward, “The (Un)Predictability of Computer Science Graduate School Admissions,” Communications of the CACM, 49, to appear, 2006.
-  N. Ward, “A Model of Computer Science Graduate Admissions Decisions,” University of Texas at El Paso Computer Science Technical Report UTEP-CS-04-30,
(also at http://www.cs.utep.edu/admissions/model.pdf),
-  “ETS: Guide to the Use of Scores,”
-  R. R. Yager, “On Ordered Weighted Averaging Aggregation Operators in Multicriteria Decisionmaking,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.18, pp. 183-190, 1988.
-  “OWA Operators for doctoral student selection problem. Christer Carlsson, Robert Fuller and Szvetlana Fuller,” The OrderedWeighting Averaging Operators: Theory and Applications, R. R. Yager and J. Kacprzyk, eds., pp, 167-177, Kluwer, 1997.
-  M. A. Bishop, and J. D. Trout, “Epistemology and the Psychology of Human Judgment,” Oxford University Press, 2005.
-  J. A. Swets, R. M. Dawes, and J. Monahan, “Psychological Science can Improve Diagnostic Decisions,” Psychological Science in the Public Interest, Vol.1, pp. 1-26, 2000.
-  L. Longpre, “MSApplicants.xls,” spreadsheet used at the University of Texas at El Paso, 2003.
-  “The National Research Council Study of Ph.D. Programs in Computer Science,” 1993/1995, as found on the CRA web site at
-  R. T. Hartnett, “The Information Needs of Prospective Graduate Students,” GRE Board Technical Report 77-8R, 1979.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.