Extracting Objects Using Contour Evolutions in Edge-Based Object Tracking
Hiroyuki Tsuji*, Shinji Tokumasu*, Hiroki Takahashi**,
and Masayuki Nakajima**
*Department of Information and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Information Technology, Kanagawa Institute of Technology, 1030 Shimo-ogino, Atsugi, Kanagawa 243-0292, Japan
**Department of Computer Science, Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
-  ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG97/2702,“Description of Automatic Segmentation Techniques Developed and Tested for MPEG-4 Version1,” Oct., 1997.
-  C. Gu, and M. Lee,“Semiautomatic Segmentation and Tracking of Semantic Video Objects,” IEEE Trans. CSVT, Vol.8, No.5, 1998.
-  T. Meier, and K. N. Ngan,“Automatic Segmentation of Moving Objects for Video Object Plane Generation,” IEEE Trans. CSVT, Vol.8, No.5, 1998.
-  D. P. Huttenlocher,“Comparing Images Using Housdorff Distance,” IEEE Trans. PAMI, Vol.15, No.9, 1993.
-  D. P. Huttenlocher,“Tracking Nonrigid Objects in Complex Scenes,” 4th Int. Conf. Comput. Vision, Berlin, Germany, May, 1993.
-  V. Caselles, R. Kimmel, and G. Sapiro,“Geodesic Active Contours,” Int. J. Comput. Vision, Vol.22, No.1, 1997.
-  G. Aubert, and P. Kornprobst,“Mathematical Problems in Image Processing,” Springer, New York, 2002.
-  G. Sapiro,“Geometric Partial Differential Equations and Image Analysis,” Cambridge University Press, 2001.
-  J. R. Parker,“Algorithms for Image Processing and Computer Vision,” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1997.
-  J. Canny,“A Computational Approach to Edge Detection,” IEEE Trans. PAMI, Vol.8, No.6, 1986.
-  A. K. Jain,“Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing,” Prentice Hall, 1989.
-  M. Abe, T. Ouchi, and M. Kawamata,“Extraction of Outlines in Arbitrary Shape from Binary Images Using Genetic Algorithm,” IEICE Trans. on Inf. & Syst. (Japanese Edition), Vol.J86-D-II, No.7, 2003.
-  A. Minato, and S. Ozawa,“Application of Simulated Annealing for Extarction of Outlines from Binary Image,” IEICE Trans. on Inf. & Syst. (Japanese Edition), Vol.J88-D-II, No.1, 2005.
-  T. Meier, and K. N. Ngan,“Video Segmentation for Content-Based Coding,” IEEE Trans. CSVT, Vol.9, No.8, 1999.
-  T. H. Cormen, C. E. Leiserson, and R. L. Rivest,“Introduction to Algorithms,” MIT Press, 1990.
-  M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos,“Snakes: Active Contour Models,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, London, UK, 1987.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.