MASP – An Enhanced Model of Fault Type Identification in Object-Oriented Software Engineering
Atchara Mahaweerawat*, Peraphon Sophatsathit*,
Chidchanok Lursinsap*, and Petr Musilek**
*Advanced Virtual and Intelligent Computing Center (AVIC), Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Phyathai Road, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
**Facility for Advanced Computational Intelligence and Applications (FACIA), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Alberta, W2-030 ECERF, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2V4, Canada
-  “Understand for C++,” Scientific Toolworks, Inc., St. George, Utah,
-  R. T. Alexander, J. Offutt, and J. M. Bieman, “Fault Detection Capabilities of Coupling-based OO Testing,” In Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE’02), pp. 207-218, November, 2002.
-  R. T. Alexander, J. Offutt, and J. M. Bieman, “Syntactic Fault Patterns in OO Programs,” In Proceedings of the Eight International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Software, pp. 193-202, December, 2002.
-  S. H. Aljahdali, A. Sheta, and D. Rine, “Prediction of Software Reliability: A Comparison between Regression and Neural Network Non-Parametric Models,” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA’01), pp. 470-473, June, 2001.
-  L. Briand, J. Wüst, and J. W. Daly, “Exploring the Relationships between Design Measures and Software Quality in Object-Oriented Systems,” Journal of Systems and Software, 51, pp. 245-273, 2000.
-  L. C. Briand, J. Wüst, and J. W. Daly, “Assessing the Applicability of Fault-Proneness Models Across Object-Oriented Software Projects,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 28(7), pp. 706-720, 2002.
-  S. R. Chidamber, and C. F. Kemerer, “A Metrics Suite for Object Oriented Design,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 20(6), pp. 476-493, 1994.
-  P. Eklund, and L. Kallin, “Fuzzy Systems,” Lecture Notes prepared for courses at the Department of Computing Science at Umeå University, Sweden, February, 2000.
-  L. Emam, J.Wüst, and J. W. Daly, “The Prediction of Faulty classes Using Object-Oriented Design Metrics,” Journal of Systems and Software, 56, pp. 63-75, 2001.
-  F. Fioravanti, and P. Nesi, “A study on fault-proneness detection of Object-Oriented systems,” In Proceedings of the fifth Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (CSMR’01), pp. 121-130, March, 2001.
-  D. Glasberg, and K. E. Emam, “Validating Object-Oriented Design Metrics on a Commercial Java Application,” Technical Report NRC/ERB-1080, September, 2000.
-  S. Haykin, “Neural Networks,” Prentice Hall, the United States of America, 1999.
-  T. Kamiya, S. Kusumoto, and K. Inoue, “Prediction of Fault-Proneness at Early Phase in Object-Oriented Development,” In Proceedings of the Second IEEE International Symposium on Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing, pp. 253-258, May, 1999.
-  P. Kokol, V. Podgorelec, M. Zorman, and M. Šprogar, “An Analysis of Software Correctness Prediction Methods,” In Proceedings of the Second Asia-Pacific Conference on Quality Software (APAQS’01), pp. 33-39, December, 2001.
-  F. Lanubile, “Evaluating Predictive Models Derived From Software Measure,” Journal of Systems and Software, 38(1), pp. 225-234, 1996.
-  A. Mahaweerawat, P. Sophatsathit, and C. Lursinsap, “Software Fault Prediction Using Fuzzy Clustering and Radial-Basis Function Network,” In Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Technologies, InTech/VJFuzzy’2002, pp. 304-313, December, 2002.
-  Y. Mao, H. A. Sahraoui, and H. Lounis, “Reusability Hypothesis Verification Using Machine Learning Techniques: a case study,” In Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 84-93, October, 1998.
-  P. Mitra, C. Murthy, and S. K. Pal, “Unsupervised Feature Selection Using Feature Similarity,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 24(3), pp. 301-312, 2002.
-  J. D. Musa, A. Iannino, and K. Okumoto, “Software Reliability Measurement, Prediction, Application,” McGraw-Hill Book Company, the United States of America, 1987.
-  J. Offutt, and R. Alexander, “A Fault Model for Subtype Inheritance and Polymorphism,” In 12th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, pp. 84-95, November, 2001.
-  M. M. T. Thwin, and T.-S. Quah, “Application of Neural Network for Predicting Software Development Faults Using Object-Oriented Design Metrics,” In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Neural Information Processing, pp. 2312-2316, November, 2002.
-  P. Yu, and T. Systa, “Predicting Fault-Proneness using OO Metrics An Industrial Case Study,” In Proceedings of the Sixth European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (CSMR’02), pp. 99-107, March, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.