Genetic Algorithm On Line Controller for the Flexible Inverted Pendulum Problem
Elmer P. Dadios*, Patrick S. Fernandez**, and David J. Williams***
*Department of Manufacturing Engineering and Management, 2401 Taft Avenue, De La Salle University, Manila 1004, Philippines
**National Power Corporation, Diliman, Quezon City 1004, Philippines
***Loughborough University, Loughborough Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, U.K.
-  F. O. Karray, and C. De Silva, “Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems Design,” PEARSON Addison Wesley, Edenburgh Gate, Harlow, Essex CM20 2JE, England, 2004.
-  D. Dasgupta, and Z. Michalewics, “Evolutionary Algorithms in Engineering Applications,” Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 1997.
-  J. Koza, “Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection,” MIT Press, 1992.
-  W. Langdon, “GP + Data Structure = Automatic Programming,” Kluwer Academic Publisher, New Your, 1994.
-  D. E. Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning,” Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1989.
-  P. Ross, and D. Corne, “Applications of Genetic Algorithms,” Prentice Hall PTR, Englewood Cliffs, 1995.
-  J. H. Holland, “Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems,” Ann Arbor, MI: Univ. Michigan Press, 1975.
-  S. R. Ladd, “Genetic Algortihms in C++,” MIT Books, New York, 1997.
-  W. Wienholt, “A Refined Genetic Algorithm for Parameter Optimization Problems,” Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 589-596, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1993.
-  Z. Michalewicz, and M. Michalewicz, “Evolution Computation Techniques and their Application,” in IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Processing Systems, pp. 14-26, 1997.
-  D. Fogel, “An Introduction to Simulated Evolutionary Optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 3-14, 1994.
-  T. Hatanaka, K. Uosaki, H. Tanaka, and Y. Yamada, “Systems Parameter Estimation by Evolutionary Strategy,” Proceedings of the 35th SICE Annual Conference, pp. 1045-1048, 1996.
-  G. W. Greenwood, A. Gufta, and K. Mcsweeney, “Scheduling Task in Multiprocessor Systems Using Evolutionary Strategies,” Proceedings of the First IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.1, pp. 345-349, 1994.
-  E. P. Dadios, and D. J. Williams, “Non-conventional Control of the Flexible-Pole Cart Balancing Problem: Experimental Results,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.28, pp. 895-901, 1998.
-  E. P. Dadios, and N. Gunay, “Fuzzy Logic Based Neural Network Implemented Controller For Highly Nonlinear Systems,” International Journal of Knowledge-Based Intelligent Engineering Systems, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 254-262, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.