Velocity Control Strategy for a Spider-Robot Based on Autonomous Walking Form Transition
Takeo Ohnishi*, and Toshiyuki Asakura**
*Graduate school of Engineering, University of Fukui, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui-shi, Fukui 910-8507, Japan
**Department of Human and Artificial Intelligence Systems, University of Fukui, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui-shi, Fukui 910-8507, Japan
This paper proposes a walking velocity control strategy based on autonomous walking form transition for a spider-robot. A creatural spider walks with changing velocity while adapting to the surrounding conditions. With reference to neurobiological control, we realize autonomous transitions of walking forms. Further, we realize velocity control which adapts to information input from both internal and external sources using the Neuro-Fuzzy method. Through simulations and experiments, we confirm the usefulness of the proposed technique.
-  F. Delcomyn, “Foundations of Neurobiology,” Nankado.Co., Ltd., 2000 (in Japanese).
-  S. Hirose, E. F. Fukushima, and K. Kato, “Automation Technology for Humanitarian Demining Task,” JRSJ, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 722-727, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  H. Adachi, N. Koyachi, T. Arai, K. Homma, Y. Shinohara, and K. Nishimura, “Semi-Autonomous Walking Based on Leg Transition at the Border of the Leg Work Space,” JRSJ, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 329-336, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nonami, and Q.-J. Huang, “Humanitarian Mine Detection Six-Legged Walking Robot COMET-II with Two Manipulators,” 2000 (in Japanese).
-  K. Yoneda, H. Iiyama, and S. Hirose, “Intermitted Trot Gait of Quadruped walking Machine – Dynamic Stability Control of an Omnidirectional Walk,” JRSJ, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 881-886, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kimura, “Adaptive Motion Integration of a Quadruped Robot based on Biological,” Journal of SICE, Vol.42, No.9, pp. 705-711, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  T. Ohnishi, and T. Asakura, “Spider-Robot 8-Leg Cooperative Walking Velocity Control Strategy Based on Environmental Information,” JSME International Journal, Series C, Vol.47, No.4, pp. 1101-1107, 2004.
-  T. Miyashita, “Biology of Spiders,” University of Tokyo Press, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  M. Yajima, supervisor, “The Encyclopaedia of Animals No.15,” Heibonsha, 1987 (in Japanese).
-  W. Richards, M. Ishikawa, and T. Hirahara, (Translation), “Natural Computation,” Personal media, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  T. Krink, and F. Vollrath, “Emergent properties in the behavor of a virtual spider robot,” The royal society, 1998.
-  K. Hosoda, M. Kamado, and M. Asada, “Vision-Guided Swaying Controller for Legged Robots by Visual Servoing,” JRSJ, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 750-753, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  S. Hirose, H. Tsukagoshi, and K. Yoneda, “Static Stability Criterion for Walking Robots on Irregular Terrains,” JRSJ, Vol.16, No.8, pp. 1076-1082, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  C. H. Chen, V. Kumar, and Y. C. Luo, “Motion Planning of Walking Robots Using Ordinal Optimization,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 22-32, 1998.
-  JRSJ, “Robot engineering handbook,” Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., 1995 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Foundations of Robot Control,” Corona Publishing co., Ltd., 2000 (in Japanese).
-  K. Sakai, “Introduction of Simulation to Physics and Control,” CQ publishing, 2002.