Production System Evaluation Method Considering Worker Taking Childcare
Hironori Hibino*, and Yoshihiko Watanabe**
*College of Economics, Nihon University
1-3-2 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8360, Japan
**Izugiken, Co., Ltd., Mishima, Japan
It is becoming increasingly important for companies to accommodate childcare leave to support childbirth and childcare activities. It is important for them to raise the utilization rate of the maternity and childcare leave mechanisms. On the premise of the use of maternity and childcare leave, production planning and management are realizing that childbirth and childcare are important. We first analyzed female workers’ current situation in the manufacturing industry. Next, we proposed the production system simulation model while considering the production system in relation to maternity and childcare leave, and implemented the simulation while considering this premise. In addition, we proposed the cost evaluation method. To confirm the effectiveness of the proposed method, we carried out a case study that targeted an automobile parts production line.
-  National Institute of Population and Social Security Research, “Latest Demographic Statistics 2021,” 2021. https://www.ipss.go.jp/syoushika/bunken/data/pdf/jinkokenshiryo344.pdf [Accessed December 19, 2021]
-  F. Kimura, “Elderly Support for Manufacturing Activities,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.73, No.11, pp. 1195-1199, 2007.
-  Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “Employment Status Survey,” 2016 (in Japanese). http://www.e-stat.go.jp/SG1/estat/NewList.do?tid=000000110001 [Accessed September 29, 2017]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Feature Column: Act on Promotion of Women’s Participation and Advancement in the Workplace.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000091025.html [Accessed October 6, 2017]
-  The District Economics Research Institute of Kumamoto Area, “Current status and challenges of working female,” 2017. https://www.dik.or.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/k_131212_1.pdf [Accessed September 22, 2017]
-  H. Hibino, K. Abe, T. Kuroda, Y. Watanabe, and K. Shimomura, “Modeling and simulation for manufacturing system in society of declining birthrate and aging population 1st Report, Modeling for worker disease risk,” Manufacturing Systems Division Conf. of JSME, pp. 33-34, 2017.
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Provisions in the Labor Standards Law.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/koyoukintou/seisaku05/pdf/01d01.pdf [Accessed October 6, 2017]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Summary of results of the Basic Survey on Equal Employment.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/list/dl/71-27-07.pdf [Accessed September 22, 2017]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “About Child Care and Nursing Care Leave Law.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000130583.html [Accessed October 6, 2017]
-  Cabinet Office, “Data collection related to trends in the continuous employment rate of female before and after the birth of their first child.” http://wwwa.cao.go.jp/wlb/government/top/hyouka/k_39/pdf/ss1.pdf [Accessed September 29, 2017]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Vital statistics.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/list/81-1.html [Accessed September 21, 2017]
-  Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “Population estimation.” http://www.stat.go.jp/data/jinsui/index.htm [Accessed September 21, 2017]
-  Y. Fukuda and T. Okubo, “Analysis of Work Proficiency with Respect to Achievement Level Techniques,” Japan Society for Production Management, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 215-222, 1993.
-  H. Hibino, T. Kuroda, and K. Shimomura, “Modeling and simulation of production systems to evaluate the effect of worker turnover on productivity,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.15, No.2, JAMDSM0020, 2021.
-  Itochu Techno-Solutions Corporation, “Witness,” Itochu Techno-Solutions Science & Engineering Related Information Website: engineering-eye. http://www.engineering-eye.com/WITNESS/ [Accessed December 23, 2021]
-  “Annual income data by age and generation.” https://www.nenshuu.net/generation/gene/index_generation.php [Accessed January 11, 2018]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Survey of working conditions.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/itiran/roudou/jikan/syurou/16/index.html [Accessed January 11, 2018]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Q & A about the Labor Standards Law.” http://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/koyou_roudou/roudoukijun/faq/faq_kijyunhou.html from http://www.ifla.org/II/htm [Accessed January 11, 2018]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.