Evaluation of Dynamic Characteristics of a Hybrid Guideway System
Isao Oshita*,, Atsushi Matsubara*, and Tsuneto Sumida**
*Department of Micro Engineering, Kyoto University
Kyoto daigaku-katsura, Nisikyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8540, Japan
**Yasda Precision Tools K. K., Okayama, Japan
This paper presents the dynamic characteristics of a hybrid guideway system that employs sliding guides as the primary support and rolling guides to decrease the friction force and improve servo response. A drive table with a linear motor was fabricated, and the dynamic responses of the proposed hybrid guideway to command input and disturbances were measured. The results indicate that the developed guideway system provides high dynamic stiffness without sacrificing the accuracy of servo response. Furthermore the floating action of the table influenced the dynamic compliance of the guide in the horizontal direction.
-  Y. Altintas, A. Verl, C. Brecher, L. Uriarte, and G. Pritschow, “Machine tool feed drives,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, No.2, pp. 779-796, 2011.
-  B. Denkena, D. Dahlmann, and R. Krueger, “Design and optimization of an electromagnetic linear guide for ultra-precision high performance cutting,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.46, pp. 147-150, 2016.
-  A. Yuen and Y. Altintas, “Trajectory generation and control of a 9 axis CNC micromachining center,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.65, No.1, pp. 349-352, 2016.
-  I. Oshita, H. Otsubo, M. Sogabe, Y. Iwashita, and Y. Kakino, “Development of a high precision machining center and its motion accuracy,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.3, No.4, pp. 385-393, 2009.
-  T. Takahashi, H. Funahashi, H. Niwa, K. Iida, and H. Kishi, “The technology of linear motion ball guide for super rigidity and super running accuracy in a narrow range,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.76, No.6, pp. 602-605, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  T. Miura, A. Matsubara, I. Yamaji, and K. Hoshide, “Measurement and analysis of friction fluctuations in linear guideways,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.67, No.1, pp. 393-396, 2018.
-  K. Tanaka, M. Fukuta, K. Gakuhari, K. Suzuki, and T. Uematsu, “Development of an ultra-precision machine tool (2nd report): Investigation on the performance of the V-V roller guide-way table driven by a linear motor with cores,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.51, No.8, pp. 482-487, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Aoyama, N. Funakoshi, I. Inasaki, and Y. Miwa, “Development of a hybrid table system: Combination of the rolling guideway and the slideway,” JSME Int. J. Series 3, Vibration, Control Engineering, Engineering for Industry, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 541-545, 1990.
-  T. Engel, A. Lechler, and A. Verl, “Sliding bearing with adjustable friction properties,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.65, No.1, pp. 353-356, 2016.