Filter Design of Adjusting Common Phase for Vibration Suppression Control of Multi-Degree-of Freedom System
Hiroshi Hamamatsu*,, Toshiyuki Tachibana**, Yasunobu Hitaka*, Seiji Furuno*, Takayuki Matsuo*, and Shigeru Futami***
*National Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu College
5-20-1 Shii, Kokuraminami-ku, Kitakyushu 802-0985, Japan
**Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu, Japan
***Laboratory of System’s Function Corp., Tsukuba, Japan
In flexible structures such as a stacker crane, vibration is generated by the high acceleration of the traveling axis in the load transportation slider. Vibration suppression is necessary for productivity improvement. We utilized the acceleration feedback control for vibration suppression. The flexible structure has several natural vibration modes of varying phase, and vibration suppression is difficult by the simple feedback control. The second mode is excited by the simple feedback control for the vibration suppression of the first mode when the phase between the first mode and the second mode are different, e.g., a flexible structure. This paper proposes a filter design by adjusting the common phase for the feedback control. The filter using the operational amplifier reverses the phase of the second mode and such that it is the same as the first mode. The effect of vibration suppression is verified by the experiment.
-  H. Hino, Y. Kobayashi, T. Higashi, and J. Ota, “Motion Planning Method for Two Stacker Cranes in an Automated Storage and Retrieval System,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.6, No.6, pp. 792-801, 2012.
-  K. Tsujimoto, “Transition Toward the Highly Advanced Technology for Automated Warehouse System,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.1, No.1, pp. 7-10, 2007.
-  K. Iwasaki and T. Usui, “Vibration damping device at stop of travel for stacker crane in automatic warehouse,” Unexamined Patent Publication No.2001-88909, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  T. Fujioka, F. Y. Cao, M. Kitaura, T. Maeda, and M. Yamamoto, “Damping method of the stacker crane,” Unexamined Patent Publication No.2010-030728, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Takahashi, S.Kinoshita, M. Goromaru, Y. Kawasaki, and Z. Iwai, “Vibration Suppression of Systems with Unknown Parameters by Perfectly Inelastic Collision,” Trans. JSME C, Vol.73, No.734, pp. 2678-2683, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Konoue, S. Matunaga, H.Sawada, H. Ueno, and M. Oda, “Vibration Suppression Experiment of Flexible Long Arm Operation,” Trans. JSASS, Vol.56, No.652, pp. 95-202, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  W. Aribowo and K. Terashima, “Cubic Spline Trajectory Planning and Vibration Suppression of Semiconductor Wafer Transfer Robot Arm,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.8, No.2, pp. 265-274, 2014.
-  K. Seto, “Vibration Control of Multi-Degree of Freedom Systems by Dynamic Absorbers: 2nd Report, On the Design of the Dynamic Absorber by the Transfer Matrix Method,” Trans. JSME C, Vol.50, No.458, pp. 1970-1977, 1984 (in Japanese).
-  K. Ezure, A. Matsuno, and K. Seto, “Experimental Study on the Arrangement between Setting Points of Actuator and Sensor for Vibration Control of Flexible Structures,” Trans. JSME C, Vol.61, No.587, pp. 2826-2832, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  I. Kono, T. Miyamoto, K. Utsumi, K. Nishikawa, H. Onozuka, J. Hirai, and N. Sugita, “Study on Machining Vibration Suppression with Multiple Yuned Mass Dampers: Vibration Control for Long Fin Machining,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.11, No.2, pp. 206-214, 2017.
-  H. Hamamatsu, Y. Hitaka，S. Furuno, and T. Matsuo, “Vibration Suppression Control Using Vibration Node of Articulated Robot with Multiple Vibration Modes,” Key Engineering Materials Vols.523-524, pp. 711-716, 2012.
-  M. Hirata, T. Hasegawa, and K. Nonami, “Short Track-seeking Control of Hard Disk by Using Final state Control,” IEEJ Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.125, No.5, pp. 524-529, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  S. Yamamoto, K. Ito, M. Iwasaki, and N. Matsui, “Position command shaping for vibration suppression considering target position correction,” IEEJ Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.127, No.6, pp. 627-634, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  H. Hamamatsu, Y. Hitaka, S. Furuno, and T. Matsuo, “Vibration Suppression using Filtered Velocity Reference for Flexible Structure,” Proc. of 15th Int. Conf. on Precision Engineering, pp. 421-424, 2014.
-  Y. Tanaka, Y. Yoshida, T. Ueta, and H. Kawakami, “Vibration Suppressing Control of Flexible Rotary Crane Using Tip Position Sensor,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.4, No.6, pp. 520-525, 1992.
-  S. Futami, H. Kyura, and S. Hara, “Vibration Absorption Control of Industrial Robots by Acceleration Feedback,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.IE-30, No.3, pp. 299-305, 1983.
-  Y. Marushita, H. Ikeda, and H.Sugie, “Vibration Suppression Control using the Load-side Acceleration Feedback,” 33rd Annual Conf. of IEEE industrial Electronics Society, pp. 810-815, 2007.
-  Y. Yoshiura and Y. Kaku, “Vibration Suppression Control by Acceleration Sensor’s Feedback,” IEEJ Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.134, No.9, pp. 801-806, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  R. Sato, G. Tashiro, and K. Shirase, “Analysis of the Coupled Vibration Between Feed Drive Systems and Machine Tool Structure,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.9, No.6, pp. 689-697, 2015.
-  H. Hamamatsu, T. Tachibana, Y. Hitaka, S. Furuno, T. Matsuo, and S. Futami, “Design of Adjusting Common Phase Filter for Vibration Suppression Control of Multi-degrees of Freedom System,” Proc. of 16th Int. Conf. on Precision Engineering, pp. 61-62, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.