Analysis and Control of Pouring Ladle with Weir for Sloshing and Volume-Moving Vibration in Pouring Cut-Off Process
Atsushi Ito*, Ryosuke Tasaki*, Makio Suzuki**, and Kazuhiko Terashima*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
**Sintokogio, Ltd., Aichi, Japan
-  W. Lindsay, “Automatic pouring and metal distribution systems,” Foundry Trade J., February 10, pp. 151-176, 1983.
-  K. Terashima, “Recent Automatic Pouring and Transfer System in Foundries,” SOKEIZAI, Vol.39, No.1, 1998.
-  E. Neuman and D. Trauzeddel, “Pouring Systems for Ferrous Applications,” Foundry Trade J., July, pp. 23-24, 2002.
-  Y. S. Lerner, “Ironing Out the Pouring Options,” Modern Casting, Vol.93, No.11, p. 44, 2003.
-  Y. Noda and K. Terashima, “Modeling and Feedforward Flow Rate Control of Automatic Pouring System with Real Ladle,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.19, No.2, pp. 205-211, 2007.
-  Y. Noda and T. Nishida, “Precision Analysis of Automatic Pouring Machines for the Casting Industry,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.2, No.4, pp. 241-246, 2008.
-  S. Paranjape and P. D. Chaubal, “Automatic Pouring Systems Boosts Output at Mahindra Hinoday Ind,” Metalworld, June 2010, pp. 24-27, 2010.
-  V. I. Dubodelov, V. K. Pogorsky, and M. S. Goryuk, “Magnetodynamic Mixer-Batcher for Overheating and Pouring of Cast Iron,” Proc. 9th Int. Symposium on Science and Processing of Cast Iron, pp. 481-486, 2009.
-  M. Grundelius and B. Bernhardsson, “Control of liquid slosh in an industrial packaging machine,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on control applications, pp. 1654-1659, 1999.
-  H. Takahara, S. Tamura, J. Fukuda, Y. Hikita, and K. Kimura, “Free Vibration Analysis of Multi-Surface Liquid Motion in a Rectangular Tank with Different Surface Areas,” J. of Environment and Engineering, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 340-351, 2011.
-  H. Takahara, K. Hara, and T. Ishida, “Nonlinear liquid oscillation in a cylindrical tank with an eccentric core barrel,” J. of Fluids and Structures, Vol.35, pp. 120-132, November 2012.
-  H. Katsube and M. Nagai, “Study of Liquid Surface Wave Control of an Incline-Type Automatic Pouring Machine (1st Report, Modeling and Control),” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. C, Vol.65, No.634, pp. 2345-2351, 1999.
-  H. Katsube and M. Nagai, “Study of Liquid Surface Wave Control of an Incline-Type Automatic Pouring Machine (2nd Report, Proposal of Preview Control by Rotation on Transfer),” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. C, Vol.67, No.658, pp. 1792-1798, 2001.
-  H. Katsube and M. Nagai, “Study of Liquid Surface Wave Control of an Incline-Type Automatic Pouring Machine (3rd Report, Cooperative Control of Incline Control and Liquid Surface Control),” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. C, Vol.68, No.670, pp. 1747-1752, 2002.
-  K. Kanazawa, K. Yano, and T. Nakada, “Motion Curve Optimization Method Based on Genetic Algorithm and Its Application to Bottling Machines,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.49, No.1 pp. 158-165, 2013.
-  R. Shibuya, Y. Noda, Y. Maeda, and K. Terashima, “Estimation of Natural Frequency and Suppression Control of Sloshing during Ladle Transfer and Tilt Motion by Automatic Pouring Machine,” J. of Japan Foundry Engineering Society, Vol.86, No.1, pp. 12-18, 2014.
-  R. Fukushima, Y. Noda, and K. Terashima, “Falling Position and Anti-Sloshing Control of Liquid Using Automatic Pouring Robot,” Proc. of Int. Ph.D. Foundry Conf., pp. 45-55, 2009.
-  K. Terashima and K. Yano, “Sloshing analysis and suppression control of tilting-type automatic pouring machine,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.9, pp. 607-620, 2001.
-  J. Thielke, “Automatic Pouring Systems,” ASM Metals Handbook, Vol.15, 2002.
-  K. Terashima, K. Yano, Y. Sugimoto, and M. Watanabe, “Position Control of Ladle Tip and Sloshing Suppression during Tilting Motion in Automatic Pouring Machine,” Proc. 10th IFAC symposium on Automation in Mining, Mineral and Metal Processing, Japan, pp. 182-187, 2001.
-  C. W. Hirt, “SOLA-A Numerical Solution Algorithm for Transient Fluid Flows,” Los Alamos Science Laboratory Report, LA-5852, 1975.
-  C. W. Hirt, “Identification and Treatment of Stiff Buble Problems,” Technical Note, Vol.35, 1992.
-  N. C. Singer and W. P. Seering, “Preshaping Command Inputs to Reduce System Vibration,” J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.112, No.1, pp. 76-82, 1990.
-  W. Aribowo and K. Terashima, “Cubic Spline Trajectory Planning and Vibration Suppression of Semiconductor Wafer Transfer Robot Arm,” Int. J. Auto. Tech., Vol.8, No.2, pp. 265-274, 2014.
-  J. A. Nelder and R. Mead, “A simplex method for function minimization,” Comp. J., Vol.7, No.4, pp. 308-313, 1965.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.