Teleoperating System for Manipulating a Moon Exploring Robot on the Earth
Kiyoshi Hoshino*, Naoki Igo**,†, Motomasa Tomida***, and Hajime Kotani***
*University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
**National Institute of Technology, Asahikawa College
2-2-1-6 Shunkodai, Aasahikawa, Hokkaido 071-8142, Japan
***Crescent, Inc., Tokyo, Japan
-  http://lunar.xprize.org/ [Accessed September 1, 2016]
-  http://kazusa.net/uzume/ [Accessed September 15, 2016]
-  G. Liu, Y. Liu, H. Zhang, X. Gao, J. Yuan, and W. Zheng, “The Kapvik Robotic Mast: An Innovative Onboard Robotic Arm for Planetary Exploration Rovers,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 34-44, 2015.
-  X. Ning and L. Liu, “A Two-Mode INS/CNS Navigation Method for Lunar Rovers,” IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.63, No.9, pp. 2170-2179, 2014.
-  A. Omer, K. Hashimoto, H. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Study of Bipedal Robot Walking Motion in Low Gravity: Investigation and Analysis,” Int. J. of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol.11, No.9, 139, pp. 1-14, 2014.
-  G. Hegde, C. Ye, C. Robinson, A. Stroupe, and E. Tunstel, “Computer-Vision-Based Wheel Sinkage Estimation for Robot Navigation on Lunar Terrain,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 1346 -1356, 2013.
-  K. Furutani, “Concept of Inflatable Outer Wheel Rover for Exploration of Lunar and Planetary Holes and Subsurface Caverns,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 584-590, 2016.
-  K. Hoshino, N. Igo, T. Motomasa, and H. Kotani, “A robot on the moon makes the same motions as you do on the earth,” Proc. 59th Space Sciences and Technology Conf., 2D14, pp. 1-3, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  S. Niitsu, R. Tamura, and H. Hiraoka, “Detection of Contact Point of Parts Using a Force Sensor for Remote-Controlled Assembly Using a 1DOF Haptic Device,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.6, pp. 747-755, 2015.
-  A. Alvarez-Aguirre, N. van de Wouw, T. Oguchi, and H. Nijmeijer, “Predictor-Based Remote Tracking Control of a Mobile Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 2087-2102, 2014.
-  Y. Toda and N. Kubota, “Self-Localization Based on Multiresolution Map for Remote Control of Multiple Mobile Robots,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 1772-1781, 2013.
-  A. Wang, J. Ramos, J. Mayo, W. Ubellacker, J. Cheung, and S. Kim, “The HERMES humanoid system: A platform for full-body teleoperation with balance feedback,” 2015 IEEE-RAS 15th Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 730-737, 2015.
-  M. Mitsuishi, A. Morita, N. Sugita, S. Sora, R. Mochizuki, K. Tanimoto, Y. M. Baek, H. Takahashi, and K. Harada, “Master-slave robotic platform and its feasibility study for microneurosurgery,” The Int. J. of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 180-189, 2013.
-  S. Ueki, T. Mouri, T. Endo, and H. Kawasaki, “Study on stiffness visualization and safety control based on will-consensus building for tele-palpation robot system,” Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 31-36, 2016.
-  K. Hoshino, T. Kasahara, M. Tomida, and T. Tanimoto, “Gesture-world environment technology for mobile manipulation – remote control system of a robot with hand pose estimation –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 180-190, 2012.
-  K. Hoshino and I. Kawabuchi, “Pinching at finger tips for humanoid robot hand,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 655-663, 2005.
-  K. Hoshino, “Control of speed and power in a humanoid robot arm using pneumatic actuators for human-robot coexisting environment,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E91-D, No.6, pp. 1693-1699, 2008.
-  N. Igo and K. Hoshino, “Control of Pneumatic Robots Using Variable Offset Pressure Controller,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 1024-1030, 2011.
-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KWkUPNDziY/ [Accessed August 10, 2016]
-  K. Hoshino, “Ultraminiature Camera-based Hand Pose Estimation,” Proc. 18th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics Technology (ICMT), Vol.18, No.77, pp. 1-8, 2014.
-  M. Tomida and K. Hoshino, “Wearable device for high-speed hand pose estimation with a miniature camera,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.27, No.2, pp. 167-173, 2015.
-  K. Hoshino, S. Sugimura, M. Tomida, N. Igo, I. Kawano, and M. Sumitani, “Hand motion capture for medical usage,” Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. Biomedical and Bioinformatics Engineering, pp. 1-5, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.