Proposal for Evaluating Workers’ Work Characteristics – Case Study on Business Machinery Production Line –
Seiko Taki*,†, Yasuhiro Kajihara**, and Arou Yamamoto**
*Chiba Institute of Technology
2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
**Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo, Japan
-  K. H. E. Kroemer and E. Grandjean, “Fitting the Task to the Human Fifth Edition,” CRC Press, pp. 231-239, 1997.
-  S. Konz and S. Johnson, “Work Design Seventh Edition,” Holcomb Hathaway, Publishers, pp. 527-577, 2008.
-  K. Itoh, S. Kuwano, and A. Komatsubara (Ed.), “Handbook of Human Factors,” Asakura Publishing, pp. 564-572, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Statistics Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “Development of the declining birthrate and an aging population,” Population Census, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Statistics Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “Employment Conditions of Elderly Persons,” Population Census, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Foreign Information Office, Int. Affairs Division, Minister’s Secretariat, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Employment Measures for Elderly Persons in Foreign Countries,” Business Labor Trend, No. 5, pp. 32-35, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  H. Osaki, M. Wada, F. Akagi, and S. Kikuchi, “On the Relation between Vocational Aptitudes and Age,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.47, No.420, pp. 1116-1124, 1981 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kajihara, H. Osaki, Y. Munesawa, T. Taguchi, Y. Egusa, and M. Ogata, “Work Capabilities of Advanced Aged Persons,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.51, No.3, pp. 160-167, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  M. Nagamachi, “Job Design and Motivation,” Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, Vol.26, No.4, pp. 302-307, 1976 (in Japanese).
-  S. E. Bechtold and G. M. Thompson, “Optimal Scheduling of a Flexible-Duration rest period for a work group,” Operations Research, Vol.41, No.6, pp. 1046-1054, 1993.
-  M. K. Park, N. Nakatsuka, S. Taki, K. Yamanaka, and M. Kawakami, “Study on Job Enlargement Using Physiological Parameters,” Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, Vol.62, No.4, pp. 174-181, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  N. Nakatsuka, M. K. Park, S. Taki, K. Yamanaka, and M. Kawakami, “A Study on Job Enrichment Using Psychophysiological Parameters,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.78, No.791, pp. 2583-2591, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Manual of General Aptitude Test Battery (GATB-2),” 2003 (in Japanese).
-  K. Hattori and K. Hirano, “A Comparison of General Aptitude Test Battery (GATB) 1969 Version and 1983 Version (Japanese Edition),” Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, Vol.1, pp. 37-40, 1987 (in Japanese).
-  F. Akagi, H. Osaki, and S. Kikuchi, “On the Relation between the Manipulative Aptitudes and the Assembly Skill of the Workers,” Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, Vol.25, No.4, pp. 288-292, 1975 (in Japanese).
-  Small and Medium Enterprise Agency, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, “White Paper on Small and Medium Enterprises in Japan 2006,” http://www.chusho.meti.go.jp/pamflet/hakusyo/h18/download/2006hakusho_eng.pdf [accessed May 10, 2016]
-  S. Moromugi and T. Noritsugu, “Special Issue on Robotic Technology to Extend Workers’ Physical Abilities and Skills,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 641-642, 2009.
-  E. Yagi, D. Harada, and M. Kobayashi, “S Upper-Limb Power-Assist Control for Agriculture Load Lifting,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 716-722, 2009.
-  K. Yoshimoto, H. Onari, and K. Watanabe, “Method engineering,” Asakura Publishing Co. Ltd., pp. 114-125, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  A. Fujita, “Basics of IE – New Edition –,” Kenpaku-sha, 1978 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.