High-Efficiency Milling of Steam Turbine Blade
Xin Yuan*,†, Takanori Yazawa*, Hideo Ito*, Tatsuki Otsubo**, Yukio Maeda***, and Reiko Yamada*
*Graduate School of Engineering, Nagasaki University
1-14 Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki 852-8521, Japan
**Salesian Polytechnic, Tokyo, Japan
***Intelligent Stems Design Engineering, Toyama Prefectural University, Toyama, Japan
-  N. Baba, “Research on high precision and high efficient machining of complicated shape,” Master’s thesis, Nagasaki University, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  X. Yuan, T. Yazawa, N. Baba, Y. Maeda, H. Hisada, F. Katsukawa, Y. Ougiya, and T. Kojima, “High efficiency milling of steam turbine blade (1st Report) – Basic Examination of High efficiency by Tilt milling –,” in JSPE Fall meeting, Kitakyushu, 2012.
-  T. Yazawa, X. Yuan, N. Baba, Y. Maeda, Y. Ougiya, and T. Kojima, “Study on High Efficiency Milling of Steam Turbine Blade,” in ICRERA, Nagasaki, Japan, 2012.
-  T. Yazawa, X. Yuan, Y. Maeda, S. Kogusu, Y. Ougiya, and T. Kojima, “High efficiency milling of steam turbine blade,” in 28th ASPE Annual meeting, USA, 2013.
-  R. T. Farouki and S. Li, “Optimal tool orientation control for 5-axis CNC milling with ball-end cutters,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, Vol.30, pp. 226-239, 2013.
-  Y.-S. L. Chuang-Jang Chiou, “A machining potential field approach to tool path generation for multi-axis sculptured surface machining,” Computer – Aided Design, Vol.34, pp. 357-371, 2002.
-  X. Beudaert, P.-Y. Pechard, and C. Tournier, “5-Axis tool path smoothing based on drive constraints,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.51, pp. 958-965, 2011.
-  S. N. Grigoriev, A. A. Kutin, and V. V. Pirogov, “Advanced Method of NC Programming for 5-Axis Machining,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 102-107, 2012.
-  B. Rao, C. R. Dandekar, and Y. C. Shin, “An experimental and numerical study on the face milling of Ti–6Al–4V alloy: Tool performance and surface integrity,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.211, pp. 294-304, 2011.
-  H. Shao, L. Liu, and H. L. Qu, “Machinability study on 3%Co–12%Cr stainless steel in milling,” Wear, Vol.263, pp. 736-744, 2007.
-  K. A. Y. Abou-El-Hossein, Z., “High-speed end-milling of AISI 304 stainless steels using new geometrically developed carbide inserts,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.162-163, pp. 596-602, 2005.
-  T. Akasawa, H. Sakurai, M. Nakamura, T. Tanaka, and K. Takano, “Effects of free cutting additives on the machinability of austenitic stainless steels,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.143-144, pp. 66-71, 2003.
-  K. D. Bouzakis, S. Makrimallakis, G. Skordaris, E. Bouzakis, S. Kombogiannis, G. Katirtzoglou et al., “Coated tools’ performance in up and down milling stainless steel, explained by film mechanical and fatigue properties,” Wear, Vol.303, pp. 546-559, 2013.
-  H. Usuki, K. Uehara, M. Isaka, and K. Kubota, “Machining of Inconel 718 with Lubricant-Coated Tool,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.7, No.3, pp. 306-312, 2013.
-  M. A. Hadi, J. A. Ghani, C. H. C. Haron, and M. S. Kasim, “Comparison between Up-milling and Down-milling Operations on Tool Wear in Milling Inconel 718,” Procedia Engineering, Vol.68, pp. 647-653, 2013.
-  H. Z. Li, H. Zeng, and X. Q. Chen, “An experimental study of tool wear and cutting force variation in the end milling of Inconel 718 with coated carbide inserts,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.180, pp. 296-304, 2006.
-  W. Y. H. Liew and X. Ding, “Wear progression of carbide tool in low-speed end milling of stainless steel,” Wear, Vol.265, pp. 155-166, 2008.
-  R. S. M. Nordin, T.I. Selinder, and S. Hogmark, “Wear and failure mechanisms of multilayered PVD TiNr/TaN coated tools when milling austenitic stainless steel,” Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol.133-134, pp. 240-246, 2000.
-  A. Maurotto, D. Tsivoulas, and M. G. Burke, “Surface Integrity in Dry Milling of 304L Steel: A Parametric Study,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.13, pp. 156-162, 2014.
-  S. N. B. Oliaei and Y. Karpat, “Experimental Investigations on Micro Milling of Stavax Stainless Steel,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.14, pp. 377-382, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.