Micro-Welding of Glass Substrate by YAG Laser – Effects of Substrate Temperature –
Hirofumi Suzuki*1,†, Tsuyoshi Funayama*2, Hideo Shibutani*3, and Osamu Horiuchi*4
1200, Matsumoto, Kasugai, Aichi 487-8501, Japan
*2ALPS ELECTRIC Co. Ltd, Miyagi, Japan
*3Kurume Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, Japan
*4Toyohashi University of Technology, Aichi, Japan
-  G. Koehler and H. Mueller, “Welding of quartz glass with laser,” DVS Ber, Vol.184, No.159, 1997.
-  T. Tamaki, W. Watanabe, J. Nishii, and K. Itoh, “Welding of transparent materials using femtosecond laser pulses,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol.44, pp. L687-L689, 2005.
-  I. Miyamoto, A. Horn, and J. Gottmann, “Local melting of glass material and its application to direct fusion welding by Ps-laser pulses,” J. Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.2, No.7, p. 14, 2007.
-  I. Miyamoto, A. Horn, J. Gottmann, D. Wortmann, and F. Yoshino, “Fusion welding of glass using femtosecond laser pulses with high-repetition rates,” J. Laser Micro/ Nanoengineering, Vol.2, pp. 57-63, 2007.
-  T. Funayama, H. Suzuki, H. Arakane, H. Shibutani, and O.Horiuchi, “Micro-welding of glass substrate by YAG laser (1st report) – Proposal of new joint method using YAG Laser and it’s feasibility study –,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.68, No.9, pp. 1231-1235, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  A. Chiba, H. Hidai, S. Matsusaka, and N. Morita, “Dynamic thermoelastic behavior in sheet glass generated by pulsed laser irradiation using a one-dimensional model,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 847-854, 2014.
-  K. Yamada, K. Oiso, A. Hosokawa, and T Ueda, “Studies on cleaving mechanism of silicon wafer with pulsed YAG laser,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.67, No.11, pp. 1861-1865, 2011.
-  K. Yamada, K. Oiso, A. Hosokawa, and T. Ueda, “Cleaving process of brittle materials with pulsed YAG laser,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.69, No.1, pp. 120-124, 2003.
-  N. Sumi, “Propagation of thermal stress waves in finite medium under laser-pulse heating,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.64, No.9, pp. 2257-2262, 1998.
-  J. Montoya and A. Goncharov, “Finite element calculations of the time dependent thermal fluxes in the laser-heated diamond anvil cell,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol.111, 112617, 2012.
-  Y. Shanjani and Toyserkani, “Selective laser sintering of calcium polyphosphate: finite element modeling and experiments,” J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 28-34, 2009.
-  E. Rainey, J. Hemlund, and A. Kavner, “Temperature distribution in the laser-heated diamond anvil cell from 3-D numerical modeling,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol.114, 204905, 2013.
-  K. Yamamoto, N. Hasaka, H. Morita, and E. Ohmura, “Three dimensional thermal stress analysis on laser scribing of glass,” Precision Engineering, Vol.32, pp. 301-308, 2008.
-  A. Chiba, S. Matsusaka, H. Hidai, and N. Morita, “Study of thermal stress behavior of sheet glass during laser irradiation using one-dimensional elastic wave model,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, System and Manufacturing, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 1-11, 2014.
-  T. Nakamoto, N. Shirakawa, K. Kishida, and K. Tanaka, “Synthesis of porous titanium with directional pores by selective laser melting,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 597-603, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.