Characteristics of Spatter in Micro-Drilling of Metal Sheet by Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser
Yasuhiro Okamoto†, Hibiki Yamamoto, and Akira Okada
3-1-1 Tsushimanaka, Kita-ku, 700-8530 Okayama, Japan
-  J. F. Ready et al., “LIA Handbook of Laser Material Processing,” Laser Institute of America, Magnolia Publishing, Inc., ISBN 0-912035-15-3, 2001.
-  M. Boutinguiza, J. Pou, F. Lusqui nosa, F. Quinteroa, R. Sotoa, M. P’erez-Amora, K. Watkinsb, and W. M. Steen, “CO2 laser cutting of slate,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol.37, pp. 15-25, 2002.
-  Y. Okamoto, Y. Uno, M. Hosogaya, and N. Miyanagi, “Precision Micro Cutting of Thin Steel Plate with Newly Designed Laval Nozzle by Pulsed YAG Laser,” Proc. of 23rd Int. Congress on Applications of Lasers & Electro-Optics, Precision Drilling & Cutting, pp. 20-27, 2004.
-  Y. Okamoto, Y. Uno, Y. Murakami, M. Hosogaya, and N. Miyanagi, “Effects of Nozzle Shape on Precision Micro Cutting of Thin Metal Plate by Pulsed YAG Laser,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.2, pp. 87–91, 2004.
-  Y. Okamoto, Y. Uno, and H. Suzuki, “Effect of nozzle shape on micro-cutting performance of thin metal sheet by pulsed Nd:YAG laser,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.6, pp. 510–517, 2010.
-  A. F. H. Kaplana and J. Powell, “Spatter in laser welding,” J. of Laser Applications, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 032005-1–03205-7, 2011.
-  M. Schweier, J. F. Heins, M. W. Haubold, and M. F. Zaeh, “Spatter Formation in Laser Welding with Beam Oscillation,” Physics Procedia, Vol.41, pp. 20-30, 2013.
-  J.-K. Kim, H.-S. Lim, J.-H. Cho, and C.-H. Kim, “Bead-on-plate Weldability of Al 5052 Alloy Using a Disk Laser,” J. of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol.28 Issue 2, 2008.
-  X. Gao, Y. Sun, and S. Katayama, “Neural Network of Plume and Spatter for Monitoring High-power Disk Laser Welding,” Int. J. of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 293-298, 2014.
-  T. Viitanen, J. Kolehmainen, R. Piché, and Y. Okamoto, “Spatter Tracking in Laser Machining,” Advances in Visual Computing (8th International Symposium, ISVC 2012, Rethymnon, Crete, Greece, July 16-18, 2012, Revised Selected Papers, Part II), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.7432, pp. 626-635, 2012.
-  Y. Okamoto, H. Yamamoto, A. Okada, K. Shirasaya, and J. T. Kolehmainen, “Velocity and Angle of Spatter in Fine Laser Processing,” Physics Procedia, Vol.39, pp.792-799, 2012.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Object recoqnition from local scale-invariant features,” The proc. of the Seventh IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision., pp. 1150-1157, 1999.
-  A. Doucet, S. God sill, and C. Andrieu, “On sequential Monte Carlo smapling methods for Bayesian filtering,” Statistics and Computing, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 197-208, 2000.
-  Z. Zhang, “A flexible new technique for camera caliblation,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.22, No.11, pp. 1330-1334, 2000.
-  Q. T. Luong and O. D. Faugeras, “The fundamental matrix: theory, algorithms, and stability analysis,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 43-75, 1996.
-  S. J. Julier, and J. K. Uhlmann, “A new extension of the Kalman filter to nonlinear systems,” Int. Symposium Aerospace / Defense Sensing, Simulation and Controls, Vol.3, pp. 182-193, 1997.
-  W. Hastings, “Monte Carlo sampling methods using Markov chains and their applications,” Biometrika, No.57, pp. 97-109, 1970.
-  G. Chryssolouris, “Laser Machining Theory and Practice,” Springer-Verlag, 1991.
-  I. Ito and M. Honda, “Fluid mechanics, Maruzen,” 1981.
-  K. Matsuo, “Compressible Fluid Mechanics,” Rikogakusha Publishing, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.