Augmented Reality in Peg-in-Hole Microassembly Operations
Ren-Jung Chang† and Jia-Cheng Jau
Mechanical Engineering Department, National Cheng Kung University
No. 1 University Rd., Tainan 70101, Taiwan
†Corresponding author, E-mail: email@example.com
-  K. B. Yesin and B. J. Nelson, “A CAD model based tracking system for visually guided microassembly,” Robotica, Vol.23, pp. 409-418, 2005.
-  D. Gendreau, M. Gauthier, D. Heriban, and P. Lutz, “Modular architecture of the microfactories for automatic micro-assembly,” J. Rob. Comp. Integ. Manuf., Vol.26, No.4, pp. 354-360, 2010.
-  R. J. Chang, C. Y. Lin, and P. S. Lin, “Visual-based automation of peg-in-hole microassembly process,” ASME, J. Manuf. Sci. Eng., pp. 133-4, 2011.
-  R. J. Chang and J. C. Jau, “Error measurement and calibration in developing virtual-reality-assisted microassembly system,” Int. J. Auto. Tech., Vol.9, No.6, pp. 619-628, 2015.
-  J. Cecil, M. B. R. Kumar, Y. Lu, and V. Basallali, “A review of micro-devices assembly techniques and technology,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., pp. 1-13, 2015.
-  R. T. Azuma, “A survey of augmented reality,” Presence, Teleop. Virt. Environ., Vol.6, No.4, pp. 355-385, 1997.
-  P. Milgram and F. Kishino, “A taxonomy of mixed reality visual displays,” IEICE Trans. Info. Syst., Vol.77, No.12, pp. 1321-1329, 1994.
-  T. P. Caudell and D. W. Mizell, “Augmented reality: An application of heads-up display technology to manual manufacturing processes,” Proc. 25th Hawaii Int. Conf. Syst. Sci., Vol.2, pp. 659-669, 1992.
-  D. Reiners, D. Stricker, G. Klinker, and S. Müller, “Augmented reality for construction tasks: doorlock assembly,” Proc. IEEE and ACM IWAR, Vol.98, No.1, pp. 31-46, 1998.
-  V. Raghavan, J. Molineros, and R. Sharma, “Interactive evaluation of assembly sequences using augmented reality,” IEEE Trans. Rob. Autom., Vol.15, No.3, pp. 435-449, 1999.
-  A. C. Boud, D. J. Haniff, C. Baber, and S. J. Steiner, “Virtual reality and augmented reality as a training tool for assembly tasks,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Info. Visual., pp. 32-36, 1999.
-  K. M. Baird and W. Barfield, “Evaluating the effectiveness of augmented reality displays for a manual assembly task,” Virt. Real., Vol.4, No.4, pp. 250-259, 1999.
-  G. Reinhart and C. Patron, “Integrating augmented reality in the assembly domain- fundamentals, benefits and applications,” CIRP Annals- Manuf. Tech., Vol.52, No.1, pp. 5-8, 2003.
-  A. Tang, C. Owen, F. Biocca, and W. Mou, “Comparative effectiveness of augmented reality in object assembly,” Proc. SIGCHI Conf. Hum. Fact. Compu. Syst., pp. 73-80, 2003.
-  S. Wiedenmaier, O. Oehme, L. Schmidt, and H. Luczak, “Augmented reality (AR) for assembly processes design and experimental evaluation,” Int. J. Hum.-Comp. Inter., Vol.16, No.3, pp. 497-514, 2003.
-  J. Zauner, M. Haller, A. Brandl, and W. Hartman, “Authoring of a mixed reality assembly instructor for hierarchical structures,” Proc. 2nd IEEE/ACM Int. Symp. Mixed and Aug. Real., pp. 237-246, 2003.
-  A. Liverani, G. Amati, and G. Caligiana, “A CAD-augmented reality integrated environment for assembly sequence check and interactive validation,” Concur. Eng., Vol.12, No.1, pp. 67-77, 2004.
-  N. Pathomaree and S. Charoenseang, “Augmented reality for skill transfer in assembly task,” IEEE Int. Wksp. Rob. Hum. Inter. Comm., pp. 500-504, 2005.
-  Y. Pang, A. Y. Nee, S. K. Ong, M. Yuan, and K. Youcef-Toumi, “Assembly feature design in an augmented reality environment,” Assem. Autom., Vol.26, No.1, pp. 34-43, 2006.
-  S. Siltanen, M. Hakkarainen, O. Korkalo, T. Salonen, J. Saaski, C. Woodward, T. Kannetis, M. Perakakis, and A. Potamianos, “Multimodal user interface for augmented assembly,” IEEE 9th Wksp. Mume. Sig. Process., 2007.
-  S. K. Ong, Y. Pang, and A. Y. C. Nee, “Augmented reality aided assembly design and planning,” CIRP Annals- Manuf. Tech. Vol.56, No.1, pp. 49-52, 2007.
-  J. Sääski, T. Salonen, M. Hakkarainen, S. Siltanen, C. Woodward, and J. Lempiäinen, “Integration of design and assembly using augmented reality,” Micro-Assem. Tech. Appl., Vol.260, S. Ratchev and S. Koelemeijer, Eds. Boston: Springer, pp. 395-404, 2008.
-  M. L. Yuan, S. K. Ong, and A. Y. C. Nee, “Augmented reality for assembly guidance using a virtual interactive tool,” Int. J. Prod. Res., Vol.46, No.7, pp. 1745-1767, 2008.
-  K. H. Seok and Y. S. Kim, “A study on providing prompt assembly information using AR manual,” 3rd Int. Conf. Conv. Hybrid. Info. Tech., 2008.
-  M. Hakkarainen, C. Woodward, and M. Billinghurst, “Augmented assembly using a mobile phone,” 7th IEEE/ACM Int. Symp. Mixed Aug. Real., 2008.
-  P. P. Valentini, “Interactive virtual assembling in augmented reality,” Int. J. Interact. Des. Manuf., Vol.3, pp. 109-119, 2009.
-  S. Li, T. Peng, C. Xu, Y. Fu, and Y. Liu, “A mixed reality-based assembly verification and training platform,” Virt. Mixed Real., pp. 576-585, 2009.
-  J. Z. Song, Q. X. Jia, H. X. Sun, and X. Gao, “Study on the perception mechanism and method of virtual and real objects in augmented reality assembly environment,” 4th IEEE Conf. Ind. Electron. Appl., pp. 1452-1456, 2009.
-  S. Webel, U. Bockholt, and J. Keil, “Design criteria for AR-based training of maintenance and assembly tasks,” Proc. Int. Conf. Virt. Mixed Real., Orlando, FL, Vol.6773, pp. 123-132, 2011.
-  A. Gharsellaoui, J. Oliver, and S. Garbaya, “Benchtop augmented reality interface for enhanced manual assembly,” Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conf., Toulouse, France, 2011.
-  G. Westerfield, A. Mitrovic, and M. Billinghurst, “Intelligent augmented reality training for assembly tasks,” 16th Int. Conf. Artif. Intel. Edu., Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Vol.7926, pp. 542-551, 2013.
-  R. Radkowski, J. Herrema, and J. Oliver, “Augmented reality-based manual assembly support with visual features for different degrees of difficulty,” Int. J. Hum.-Comp. Intera., Vol.31, Issu.5, pp. 337-349, 2015.
-  D. O. Popa and H. E. Stephanou, “Micro and mesoscale robotic assembly,” J. Manuf. Processes,Vol.6, Issu.1, pp. 52–71, 2004.
-  C. Tietje and S. Ratchev, “Design for microassembly- a methodology for product design and process selection,” IEEE Int. Symp. Assem. Manuf., pp. 178-183, 2007.
-  D. E. Whitney, “Mechanical Assemblies: Their Design, Manufacture, and Role in Product Development,” Vol.1, Oxford University Press, 2004.
-  R. S. Wright, N. Haemel, and G. Sellers, “OpenGL SuperBible: Comprehensive Tutorial and Reference,” Pearson Education, 2010.
-  R. J. Chang and C. C. Chen, “Using microgripper in development of automatic adhesive glue transferring and binding microassembly system,” Engineering, Vol.2, pp. 1-11, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.