Precision Drilling of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics with Ball Nose End Mills
2-39-1 Kurokami, Chuou-ku, Kumamoto-shi, Kumamoto, Japan
†Corresponding author, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
-  Composite product solutions, http://www.sandvik.coromant.com [accessed Jan. 24, 2016]
-  E. Brinksmeier and R. Janssen, “Drilling of Multi-Layer Composite Materials consisting of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics (CFRP),” Titanium and Aluminum Alloys, Annals of the CIRP 51, pp. 87-90, 2002.
-  C. C. Tsao, “Investigation into the effects of drilling parameters on delamination by various step-core drills,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.206, pp. 405-411, 2008.
-  I. Shyhaa, S. L. Sooa, D. Aspinwalla, and S. Bradley, “Effect of laminate configuration and feed rate on cutting performance when drilling holes in carbon fibre reinforced plastic composites,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.210, pp. 1023-1034, 2010.
-  E. Brinksmeier, S. Fangmann, and R. Rentsch, “Drilling of composites and resulting surface integrity,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, pp. 57-60, 2011.
-  U. Heisela and T. Pfeifroth, “Influence of Point Angle on Drill Hole Quality and Machining Forces when Drilling CFRP,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 471-476, 2012.
-  V. A. Phadnis, F. Makhdum, A. Roy, and V. V. Silberschmidt, “Experimental and numerical investigations in conventional and ultrasonically assisted drilling of CFRP laminate,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 455-459, 2012.
-  H. Tanaka, K. Ohta, R. Takizawa, and K. Yanagi, “Experimental Study on Tilted Planetary Motion Drilling for CFRP,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 443-448, 2012.
-  V. Krishnaraj, A. Prabukarthi, A. Ramanathan, N. Elanghovan, M. S. Kumar, R. Zitoune, and J. P. Davim, “Optimization of machining parameters at high speed drilling of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) laminates,” Composites, Part B 43, pp. 1791-1799, 2012.
-  Composite Machining Guide, http://www.kennametal.com [accessed Jan. 24, 2016]
-  Machining carbon fibre materials, http://www.sandvik.coromant. com [accessed Jan. 24, 2016]
-  H. K. Tönshoff, T. Friemuth, and M. Groppe, “High efficient circular milling – A solution for an economical machining of bore holes in composite materials (CFK, Aluminium),” Proceedings of 3rd international conference on metal cutting and high speed machining, pp. 287-296, 2001.
-  E. Brinksmeier, T. Koch, D. Kube, and A. Walter, “Orbital milling of multi-layer composite materials consisting of aluminium alloy, carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP) and titanium alloys,” Production Engineering Vol. XI/1, Annals of WGP, 2004.
-  S. Sakamoto, Y. Kajiwara, and H. Yasui, “Study on drilling process of CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics), – Influence of cutting tools on machining accuracy –,” Proceedings of autumn conference of JSPE, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  T. Inoue and M. Hagino, “Cutting Characteristics of CFRP Materials with Carbon Fiber Distribution,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.3, 2013.
-  M. Hagino and T. Inoue, “Effect of Carbon Fiber Orientation and Helix Angle on CFRP Cutting Characteristics by End-Milling,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.3, 2013.
-  J. Fujiwara, R. Nagaura, and T. Tashiro, “Drilling of CFRP/Ti6Al4V Stack Board,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.4, 2013.
-  K. Kerrigan and G. E. O'Donnell, “Temperature Measurement in CFRP Milling Using a Wireless Tool-Integrated Process Monitoring Sensor,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.6, 2013.
-  K. Akai, Y. Kageyama, K. Sato, N. Nishino, and K. Kageyama, “AHP Analysis of the Preference of Engineers for Suitable CFRP for Automobile Parts,” International Journal of Automation Technology,” Vol.9, No.3, 2015.
-  S. Tamura and T. Matsumura, “Cutting Force Prediction in Drilling of Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics,” Int. J. of Automation Technology Vol.9 No.1, 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.