Development of Cutting Force Prediction Method Using Motion Information from CNC Controller
Tomoya Hida*,†, Tetsuya Asano*, Chiharu Higashino*, Masaaki Kanamaru*, Jun’ichi Kaneko**, and Yoshimi Takeuchi***
*Aikoku Alpha Corporation
Morikami, Sobue, Inazawa, Aichi 495-8501, Japan
**Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University
255 Shimo-Okubo, Sakura-ku, Saitama City, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
***Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chubu University
1200 Matsumoto, Kasugai, Aichi 487-8501, Japan
-  Y. Takeuchi and T. Watanabe, “Generation of 5-axis Control Collision-Free Tool Path and Postprocessing for NC-Data,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 539-542, 1992.
-  B. Lauwers, J. P. Kruth, P. Dejonghe, and R. Vreys, “Efficient NC-Programming of Multi-Axes Milling Machines Through the Integration of Tool Path Generation and NC-Simulation,” Annals of CIRP, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 367-370, 2000.
-  X. Tian, H. Deng, M. Fujishima, and K. Yamazaki, “Quick 3D Modelling of Machining Environment by Means of On-machine Stereo Vision with Digital Decomposition,” Annals of CIRP, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 411-414, 2007.
-  M. Kanamaru, N. Sakai, A. Goto, and T. Hida, “Development of Simulation Technology for 5-Axis Machines – Verification of Material Removal Model and Collision Avoidance –,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 141-146, 2007.
-  T. Hida, T. Asano, K. Nishita, N. Sakai, A. Goto, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of Online Real-Time Collision Free Machining Using Simulation with CNC Openness,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 403-410, 2015.
-  S. Takata, M. D. Tsai, M. Inui, and T. Sata, “A Cutting Simulation System for Machinability Evaluation Using a Workpiece Model,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.38/1/1989, pp. 417-420, 1989.
-  H. Narita, K. Shirase, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Pre-process Evaluation of Machining Accuracy Using Virtual Machining Simulator,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.43, No.2, pp. 492-497, 2000.
-  VERICUT Website: http://main.vericut.jp/vericut/vericut_optipath. html [accessed Oct., 2014]
-  NCBRAIN Website: http://www.marubeni-sys.com/de/ncbrain/5x/ index.html [accessed Oct., 2014]
-  L. Almad, J. Kaneko, K. Horio, and T. Yamazaki, “Development of Tool Motion Estimation Method for Cutting Force Prediction in High Speed Machining,” MJIIT-JUC Joint International Symposium, 2015.
-  R. Sato, M. Tsutsumi, and K. Nagashima, “Dynamic Behavior of Feed Drive Systems around Quadrant Changes in Circular Motion,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.72, No.2, pp. 208-213, 2006.
-  AdvantEdge Website: http://www.thirdwavesys.com/advantedge/ [accessed Feb., 2015]
-  T. Matsumura, I. Hori, T. Shirakashi, and E. Usui, “Simulation of Drilling Process Based on Energy Approach,” Proceedings of the 8th International ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming, Vol.2, pp. 757-760, 2005.
-  T. Matsumura, T. Shimada, and K. Teramoto, “Analysis of Cutting Process on Machining Centers,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, pp. 1093-1098, 2005.
-  T. Shimada, K. Teramoto, and T. Matsumura, “Development of Cutting Simulation System for Machining of Mold and Dies,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, pp. 1099-1104, 2005.
-  T. Matsumura, T. Shirakashi, and E. Usui, “Prediction of Milling Process Based on 2D FEM Simulation,” Proceedings of the 9th International ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming, Vol.2, pp. 623-626, 2006.
-  Y. Altintas and A. Spence, “End Milling Force Algorithms for CAD Systems,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.40/1/1991, pp. 31-34, 1991.
-  J. Kaneko and K. Horio, “Fast Cutter Workpiece Engagement Estimation Method for Prediction of Instantaneous Cutting Force in Continuous Multi-Axis Controlled Machining,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 391-400, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.