Integrating CAD, TRIZ, and Customer Needs
A. M. M. Sharif Ullah*,† , Michihiro Sato*, Michiko Watanabe*, and Md. Mamunur Rashid**
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kitami Institute of Technology
165 Koen-cho, Kitami, Hokkaido 090-8507, Japan
**Bangladesh Institute of Management
4 Sobhanbag, Mirpur Road, Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
-  SAE Standard: ARP4293, “Life Cycle Cost – Techniques and Applications,” SAE Int., PA, USA, 1992.
-  W. J. Fabrycky and B. S. Blanchard, “Life-Cycle Cost and Economic Analysis,” Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1991.
-  A. M. M. S. Ullah, “A fuzzy decision model for conceptual design,” Systems Engineering, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 296–308, 2005.
-  A. M. M. S. Ullah, “Handling design perceptions: An axiomatic design perspective,” Research in Engineering Design, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 109–117, 2005.
-  K. Fujita and T. Matsuo, “Survey and analysis of utilization of tools and methods in product development,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Part C, Vol.72, No.1, pp. 290–297, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  N. P. Suh, “The Principles of Design,” New York: Oxford University Press, 1990.
-  D. M. Buede, “The engineering design of systems: models and methods,” 2nd ed., Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2009.
-  A. Salado and R. Nilchiani, “A categorization model of requirements based on Max-Neef’s model of human needs,” Systems Engineering, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 348–360, 2014.
-  E. Kroll, S. S. Condoor, and D.G. Jansson, “Innovative conceptual design: theory and application of parameter analysis,” Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2001.
-  A. Hatchuel and B. Weil, “C-K design theory: An advanced formulation,” Research in Engineering Design, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 181–192, 2009.
-  A. M. M. Sharif Ullah, M. M. Rashid, and J. Tamaki, “On some unique features of C-K theory of design,” CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 55–66, 2012.
-  G.S. Altshuler, “Creativity as an exact science: The theory of the solution of inventive problems,” New York: Gordon and Breach, 1984.
-  G. Altshuller, “The Innovation Algorithm, TRIZ, Systematic Innovation and Technical Creativity,” Worcester, MA: Technical Innovation Center, 1999.
-  L. S. Chechurin, W. W. Wits, and H. M. Bakker, “Invention software support by integrating function and mathematical modeling,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Vol.103, pp. 32–39, 2015.
-  V. D. Berdonosov, A. N. Kozlita, and A. A. Zhivotova, “TRIZ evolution of black oil coker units,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Vol.103, pp. 61–73, 2015.
-  M. A. Max-Neef, “Human Scale Development: conception, application, and future reflections,” New York: Apex Press, 1991.
-  M. Max-Neef, “Development and human needs,” Real-life economics, P. Ekins and M. Max-Neef, eds., pp. 197–214, London: Routledge, 1992.
-  S. Ullah, “Various Challenges of the Present CAD/RP Systems,” Journal of Japan Society for Design Engineering, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 20–23, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  A. Rese, A. S”ann, and F. Homfeldt, “Customer integration and voice-of-customer methods in the German automotive industry,” Int. Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 1–19, 2015.
-  K. Aoki, K. Akai, K. Ujiie, T. Shinmura, and N. Nishino, “An actual purchasing experiment for investigating the effects of eco-information on consumers’ environmental consciousness and attitudes towards agricultural products,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 688–697, 2014.
-  M. Carulli, M. Bordegoni, and U. Cugini, “An approach for capturing the Voice of the Customer based on Virtual Prototyping,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol.24, No.5, pp. 887–903, 2013.
-  D. I. Baxter, K. Goffin, and M. Szwejczewski, “The repertory grid technique as a customer insight method,” Research Technology Management, Vol.57, No.4, pp. 35–42, 2014.
-  N. Kano, N. Seraku, F. Takahashi, and S. Tsuji, “Attractive quality and must-be quality,” Hinshitsu, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 147–156, 1984 (in Japanese).
-  A. M. M. Sharif Ullah and J. Tamaki, “Analysis of Kano-model-based customer needs for product development,” Systems Engineering, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 154–172, 2011.
-  G. Cascini, “TRIZ-based anticipatory design of future products and processes,” Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 29–63, 2012.
-  H. Cong and L. H. Tong, “Grouping of TRIZ Inventive Principles to facilitate automatic patent classification,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.34, No.1, pp. 788–795, 2008.
-  M.G. Moehrle and H. Paetz, “Using TRIZ inventive principles for the analysis of similarities and differences in inventive thinking: A case study of inventions in the field of solar cell modules comparing Japanese and European engineers,” Int. Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 150–165, 2014.
-  M. Sawaguchi, “TRIZ instrumental in vitalizing Japan’s manufacturing industry – An observation from the perspective of training engineers,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 377–386, 2012.
-  M. M. Rashid, A. M. M. Sharif Ullah, M. A. R. Sarkar, J. Tamaki, and A. Kubo, “Logical Aggregation of Customer Needs Assessment,” in the Proc. of the Fifth Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Applications (ISCIIA2012), Sapporo, Japan, Aug. 20-23 2012.
-  A. H. Maslow, “A theory of human motivation,” Psychological Review, Vol.50, No.4, pp. 370–396, 1943.
-  A. H. Maslow, “Motivation and personality,” New York: Harper and Row, 1954.
-  Y. Youzhi and A. M. M. Sharif Ullah, “Customer needs uncertainty quantification from the context of CAD/RP systems,” in Proc. of CAD’14, Hong Kong, pp. 141–143, 2014.
-  R.B. GmbH, Automotive Handbook Hardcover (9th ed.), New York: Wily, 2015.
-  K. T. Miura and R. U. Gobithaasan, “Aesthetic curves and surfaces in computer aided geometric design,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 304–316, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.