Investigation on Sensitivity of a Contact-Type Thermal Sensor for Surface Defect Inspections
Yuki Shimizu, Yuta Ohba, and Wei Gao
6-6-01 Aramaki Aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  E. Brinksmeier, Y. Mutlugüunes, F. Klocke, J. C. Aurich, P. Shore, and H. Ohmori, “Ultra-precision grinding,” CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59. pp. 652-671, 2010.
-  B. Marchon and T. Olson, “Magnetic spacing trends: From LMR to PMR and beyond,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.45, pp. 3608-3611, 2009.
-  P. M. Lonardo, “Surface Characterization and Defect Detection by Analysis of Images Obtained with Coherent Light,” CIRP Annals- Manufucturing Technology, Vol.40, pp. 541-544, 1991.
-  K. Takami, “Defect inspection of wafers by laser scattering,” Materials Science and Engineering: B, Vol.44, pp. 181-187, 1997.
-  R. Brun, C. Moulin, and W. Schwarzenbach, “Defect Inspection Challenges and Solutions for Ultra-Thin SOI,” Proc. of The 23rd Annual SEMI Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Conf., pp. 67-71, 2012.
-  C. Xu, J. Lee, V. Sachan, and O. D. Patterson, “Defect Sampling Methodology For Yield Learning During 22nm Process Development,” Proc. of IEEE Advanced Semiconductor Manufavturing Conf., pp. 268-271, 2013.
-  J. Pan and D. H. Tai, “A new strategy for defect inspection by the virtual inspection in semiconductor wafer fabrication,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol.60, pp. 16-24, 2011.
-  C. M. Tan and K. T. Lau, “Automated Wafer Defect Map Generation for Process Yield Improvement,” Proc. of the 13th Int. Symposium on Integrated Circuits, pp. 313-316, 2011.
-  http://www.itrs.net [accessed Jan. 14, 2015]
-  D. Meshulach et al., “Advanced lithography: wafer defect scattering analysis at DUV,” Proc. of SPIE, Vol.7638, 76380K, 10pp., 2010.
-  O. Montal, K. Dotat, B. Mebarki, C. Man-Ping, and C. Ngai, “DUV inspection and defect origin analysis for 22nm spacer self-aligned double-patterning,” Solid State Technology, Vol.53, pp. 16-19, 2010.
-  C. Wagner and N. Harned, “EUV Lithography: Lithography gets extreme,” Nature Photonics, Vol.4, pp. 24-26, 2010.
-  R. Attota and R. Silver, “Nanometrology using a through-focus scanning optical microscopy method,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.22, 024002, 10pp., 2011.
-  S. Takahashi, R. Kudo, S. Usuki, and K. Takamasu, “Super resolution optical measurements of nanodefects on Si wafer surface using infrared standing evanescent wave,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, pp. 523-526, 2011.
-  Y. Shimizu, W. Lu, Y. Ohba, and W. Gao, “Feasibility study on the concept of thermal contact sensor for nanometre-level defect inspections on smooth surfaces,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.25, 064006, 11pp., 2014.
-  Y. Shimizu, Y. Ohba, and W. Gao, “Investigation on the contact detection sensitivity of thermal contact sensor for surface defect inspection,” Proc. of ICPE2014, pp. 231-234, 2014.
-  Y. Shimizu, Y. Ohba, and W. Gao, “Design of fabrication process of a thermal contact sensor for surface defect inspection,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.8, No.4, No.14-00099, 14pp., 2014.
-  W. Gao, “Precision nanometrology: sensors and measuring systems for nanomanufacturing,” Springer, 2011.
-  Y. Shimizu, Y. Ohba, and W. Gao, “Defect inspection on a nanometric smooth surface by a contact-type micro thermal sensor ?Improvement of a sensor profile and investigation on sensor sensitivity?” Proc. of JSPE, Q18, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  T. Asai, S. Ferfous, Y. Arai, Y. Yang, and W. Gao, “On-Machine Measurement of Tool Cutting Edge Profiles,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.4, 2009.
-  D. B. Asay and S. H. Kim, “Evolution of the Adsorbed Water Layer Structure on Silicon Oxide at Room Temperature,” J. Phys. Chem. B, Vol.109, pp. 16760-16763, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.