Energy-Saving Machining of Multi-Functional Machine Tools
Yohei Oda*, Makoto Fujishima*, and Yoshimi Takeuchi**
*DMG MORI SEIKI CO., LTD.
2-3-23 Shiomi, Kotoku, Tokyo 135-0052, Japan
1200 Matsumoto-cyo, Kasugai-shi, Aichi 487-8501, Japan
-  M. Mori, M. Fujishima, Y. Inamasu, and Y. Oda, “A Study on energy efficiency improvement for machine tools,” CIRP Annals, Vol.60, No.1, pp. 145-148, 2011.
-  Y. Oda, M. Mori, K. Ogawa, S. Nishida, M. Fujishima, and Y. Kawamura, “Study of optimal cutting condition for energy efficiency improvement in ball end milling with tool-workpiece inclination,” CIRP Annals, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 119-122, 2012.
-  Y. Guoa, J. Loendersb, J. Dufloua, and B. Lauwers, “Optimization of energy consumption and surface quality in finish turning,” Proc. of 5th CIRP HPC, pp. 551-556, 2012.
-  A. Rangarajan and D. Dornfeld, “Efficient tool paths and part orientation for face milling,” CIRP Annals, Vol.53, No.1, pp. 73-76, 2004.
-  A. Vijayaraghavan and D. Dornfeld, “Automated energy monitoring of machine tools,” CIRP Annals, Vol.59, No.1, pp. 21-24, 2010.
-  N. Diaz, S. Choi, M. Heru, Y. Chen, S. Jayanathan, and Y. Yasui et al., “Machine tool design and operation strategies for green manufacturing,” Proc. of 4th CIRP HPC, pp. 271-276, 2010.
-  T. Behrendta, A. Zeina, and S. Min, “Development of an energy consumption monitoring procedure for machine tools,” CIRP Annals, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 43-46, 2012.
-  S. Kara and W. Li, “Unit process energy consumption models for material removal processes,” CIRP Annals, Vol.60, No.1, pp. 37-40, 2011.
-  T. Matsumura, M. Shimada, K. Teramoto, and E. Usui, “Predictive Cutting Force Model and Cutting Force Chart for Milling with Cutter Axis Inclination,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 30-38, 2013.
-  N. Uchiyama, Y. Ogawa, and S. Sano, “Energy Saving for Gantry-Type Feed Drives by Synchronous and Contouring Control,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 401-407, 2012.
-  N. Uchiyama, T. Nakamura, and K. Yamazaki, “Reduction of Consumed Energy and Control Input Variance in Machine Tool Feed Drives by Contouring Control,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 363-368, 2009.
-  M. Nakaminami, T. Tokuma, K. Matsumoto, S. Sakashita, T. Moriwaki, and K. Nakamoto, “Optimal Structure Design Methodology for Compound Multiaxis Machine Tools-III – Performance Evaluation –,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 71-77, 2008.
-  T. Ogawa, “Building of Efficient, Energy-Saving Lines with an Extremely-Compact Machining Center and CNC Lathe,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 150-154, 2010.
-  Y. Kaneko, N. Suzuki, K. Kanahira, H. Wada, and M. Yamano, “Development of Ultra Slim Utility Type CNC Lathe Adapted to Automation – An Approach to Energy Conservation from Machine Shops –,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 138-149, 2010.
-  E. O’Driscoll, D. ’Og Cusack, and G. E. O’Donnell, “The Characterisation of Energy Consumption in Manufacturing Facilities – A Hierarchical Approach,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 727-734, 2013.
-  H. Hibino, T. Sakuma, and M. Yamaguchi, “Evaluation System for Energy Consumption and Productivity in Manufacturing System Simulation,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 279-288, 2012.
-  Y. Sakurai, T. Suzuki, K. Aiba, T. Yoshinari, K. Kawashima, and K. Kihara, “Proposal of a Mechanism to Restrict Pressure Change by Oil Temperature Change,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 502-508, 2012.
-  K. Sugimura and K. Suzuki, “Using Intermittently Operated Oil Hydraulic Pump Unit with Accumulator to Save Energy,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 426-433, 2012.
-  H. Narita, H. Kawamura, T. Norihisa, L. Chen, H. Fujimoto, and T. Hasebe, “Development of Prediction System for Environmental Burden for Machine Tool Operation (1st Report, Proposal of Calculation Method for Environmental Burden),” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.49, No.4, pp. 1188-1195, 2006.
-  H. Narita, H. Kawamura, L. Chen, H. Fujimoto, T. Norihisa, and T. Hasebe, “Development of Prediction System for Environmental Burden for Machine Tool Operation (2nd Report, Proposal of evaluation indicator for eco-efficiency),” J. of Environment and Engineering, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 307-315, 2008.
-  OI. AVRAM, P. Xirouchakis, “Evaluating the use phase energy requirements of a machine tool system,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.19, pp. 699-711, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.