Precision Cutting of Ceramics with Milling Tool of Single Crystalline Diamond
Hirofumi Suzuki*, Mutsumi Okada*, Koichi Okada**,
and Yosuke Ito**
*Chubu University, 1200 Matsumoto, Kasugai, Aichi 487-8501, Japan
**NS Tool Co. Ltd., 2-11 Matsuzakataira, Taiwa, Kurokawa, Miyagi 981-3408, Japan
-  W. Chen, T. Kuriyagawa, H. Huang, and N. Yosihara, “Machining of micro aspherical mould inserts,” Precision Engineering, Vol.29, pp. 315-323, 2005.
-  H. Suzuki, S. Kodera, T. Nakasuji, T. Ohta, and K. Syoji, “Precision Grinding of Aspherical CVD-SiC Molding Die,” Int. J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.32, pp. 25-30, 1998.
-  H. Suzuki, M. Okada, Y. Yamagata, S. Morita, and T. Higuchi, “Precision grinding of structured ceramic molds by diamond wheel trued with alloy metal,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.61, pp. 283-286, 2012.
-  H. Suzuki, A. Muramatsu, Y. Ymamoto, T. Okino, and T. Moriwaki, “Precision molding of micro apherical glass lenses,” Proc. of 5th euspen Int. Conf., Montpellier, Vol.1, pp. 41-44, 2005.
-  E. Brinksmeier, O. Riemer, A. Gessenharter, and L. Autschbach, “Polishing of structured molds,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.53, pp. 247-250, 2004.
-  H. Suzuki, T. Moriwaki, T. Okino, and Y. Ando, “Development of ultrasonic vibration assisted polishing machine for micro aspheric die and mold,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.55, pp. 385-388, 2006.
-  H. Suzuki, S. Hamada, T. Okino, M. Kondo, Y. Yamagata, and T. Higuchi, “Ultraprecision finishing of micro-aspheric surface by ultrasonic two-axis vibration assisted polishing,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.59, pp. 347-350, 2010.
-  H. Hashimoto, J. Takeda, K. Imai, and K. Blaedel, “Shear-mode grinding of brittle materials and surface characteristics,” Int. J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.27, pp. 95-99, 1993.
-  T. Moriwaki and E. Shamoto, “Ultraprecision diamond cutting of hardened steel by applying elliptical vibration cutting,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.48, pp. 441-444, 1999.
-  H. Suzuki, T. Moriwaki, Y. Yamamoto, and Y. Goto, “Precision cutting of aspherical ceramic molds with micro PCD milling tool,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.56, pp. 131-134, 2007.
-  R. A. Jones, “Optimization of computer controlled polishing,” Applied Optics, Vol.16, pp. 218-224, 1977.
-  D. Walker, R. Freeman, R. Morton, G. McCavana, and A. Beaucamp, “Use of the processions process for prepolishing and correcting 2D and 2.5D form,” Optics Express, Vol.14, pp. 11787-11795, 2006.
-  D. A. Gregory and K. A. Herren, “Ion milling of sapphire,” J. of Electrochemical Society, Vol.152, pp. J117-J119, 2005.
-  T. Dai, X. Kang, and B. Zhang, “Study and formation of 2D microstructure of sapphire by focused ion beam milling,” Microelectronic Engineering, Vol.85, pp. 640-645, 2008.
-  D. Ashkenasi, A. Rosenfeld, H. Varel, M. Wähmer, and E. E. B. Campbell, “Laser processing of sapphire with picosecond and sub-picosecond pulses,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.120, pp. 65-80, 1997.
-  D. Dornfeld, S. Min, and Y. Takeuchi, “Recent advances in mechanical micromachining,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.55, pp. 745-768, 2006.
-  Y. Altintas and X. Jin, “Mechanics of micro-milling with round edge tools,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.60, pp. 77-80, 2011.
-  E. Uhlmann and K. Schauer, “Dynamic load and strain analysis for the optimization of micro end mills,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.54, pp. 75-78, 2005.
-  A. Attanasio, M. Gelfi, A. Pola, E. Ceretti, and C. Giardini, “Influence of material microstructures in micro milling of Ti6Al4V alloy,” Materials, Vol.6, pp. 4268-4283, 2013.
-  A. Shibata, N. Kaneko, S. Suzuki, K. Ogura, J. Shimizu, K. Shimada, M. Mizutani, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Femtosecond-laserinduced nanofabrication on glass,” 15th Int. Conf. on Precision Engineering, pp. 194-197, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.