Research on the Form Recognition of Fabric Products: Acquiring the Shapes of Flat, Limp Materials
Fumiaki Osawa, Kazunori Kanou, and Yasushi Yamada
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Daido University, 10-3 Takiharu-cho, Minami-ku, Nagoya 457-8530, Japan
-  J. K. Parker, R. Dubey, F. W. Paul, and R.j. Becker, “Robotic Fabric Handling for Automation Garment Manufacturing,” Trans. of ASME J. of Engineering for Industry, Vol.105, pp. 21-26, 1983.
-  E. Torgerson and F. W. Paul, “Vision Guided Robotic Manipulation for Apparel Manufacturing,” Proc. 1987 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1196-1202, 1987.
-  G. J. Monkman, “Robot Grippers for Use with Fibrous Materials,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 144-151, 1995.
-  N. Fahantidis, et al., “Robot handling of Flat Textile Materials,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 34-41, 1997.
-  K. Paraschidis, et al., “A Robotic System for Handling Textile Materials,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, pp. 1769-1774, 1995.
-  P. M. Taylor (Eds.), “Sensory Robotics for the Handling of Limp Materials,” pp. 3-138, Springer-Verlag, 1990.
-  E. Ono, N. Kita, and S. Sakane, “Strategy for unfolding a fabric piece by cooperative sensing of touch and vision,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 441-445, 1995.
-  S. Hata, J. Hayashi, H. Hojoh, and T. Hamada, “Design of Cloth Handling Robot System,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Technology, pp. 1611-1616, 2010.
-  K. Salleh, H. Seki, Y. Kamiya, and M. Hikizu, “Tracing Manipulation in Clothes Spreading by Robot Arms,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 564-571, 2006.
-  Dynamic Folding of a Cloth with Two High-speed Robot Hands and Two High-speed Sliders, 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 5486-5491, 2011.
-  Y. Kita, T. Ueshiba, E. S. Neo, and N. Kita, “A method for handling a specific part of clothing by dual arms,” Proc.IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4180-4185, 2009.
-  K. Hamajima and M. Kakikura, “Planning Strategy for Task Untangling Laundry – Isolating Clothes from a Washed Mass –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 244-251, 1998.
-  Y. Sugiura, T. Igarashi, H. Takahashi, T. A. Gowon, C. L. Fernando, M. Sugimoto, and M. Inami, “Graphical Instruction for A Garment Folding Robot,” ACM SIGGRAPH 2009 Emerging Technologies, 2009.
-  K. Hamajima and M. Kakikura, “Planning Strategy for Task Untangling Clothes – Classification of Clothes –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 577-584, 2000.
-  F. Osawa, H. Seki, and Y. Kamiya, “Unfolding of Massive Laundry and Classification Types by Dual Manippulator,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 457-463, 2007.
-  F. Osawa and K. Kanou, “Contour Tracking of Soft Sheet Materials using Local Contour Image Data,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 654-661, 2012.
-  JIS L 1096, “Testing methods for woven and knitted fabrics.”
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.