Sensorless Tool Stiffness Monitoring in Buffing
Ryo Koike*, Ryo Kumakura*, Takashi Arai**,
Eishiro Uchishiba**, Makoto Murakami**, Takahisa Sagara**,
and Yasuhiro Kakinuma*
*Department of System Design Engineering, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
**Yokohama Plant, Nikon Corporation, 471 Nagaodai-cho, Sakae-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 244-8533, Japan
-  A. Matsubara and S. Ibaraki, “Monitoring and control forces in machining processes: A review,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 445-456, 2009.
-  R. Teti, K. Jemielniak, G. O’Donnell, and D. Dornfeld, “Advanced monitoring of machining operations,” CIRP Annals, Vol.59, Issue 2, pp. 717-739, 2010.
-  M. Okada, H. Kozuka, H. Tachiya, T. Iwasaki, and Y. Yamashita, “Burnishing process using spherical 5-DOF hybrid-type parallel mechanism with force control,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 243-252, 2014.
-  X. Pessoles and C. Tournier, “Automatic polishing process of plastic injection molds on a 5-axis milling center,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.209, pp. 3665-3673, 2009.
-  F. Nagata, S. Tani, T. Mizobuchi, T. Hase, Z. Haga, M. Omoto, K. Watanabe, and M. K. Habib, “Basic performance of a desktop NC machine tool with compliant motion capability,” Proc. of 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 83-88, 2008.
-  J. Guo, H. Suzuki, S. Morita, Y. Yamagata, and T. Higuchi, “A realtime polishing force control system for ultraprecision finishing of micro-optics,” Precision Engineering, Vol.37, pp. 787-792, 2013.
-  R. Heinemann and S. Hinduja, “A new strategy for tool condition monitoring of small diameter twist drills in deep-hole drilling,” Int. J. of Machinge Tools and Manufacture, Vol.52, pp. 69-76, 2012.
-  B. Denkena and F. Flöter, “Adaptive cutting force control with a hybrid axis system,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 378-383, 2013.
-  F. Nagata, T. Hase, Z. Haga, M. Omoto, and K. Watanabe, “CAD/CAM-based position/force control for a ball-end abrasive tool and its application to an industial robot,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 742-752, 2008.
-  F. Nagata, T. Hase, Z. Haga, M. Omoto, and K. Watanabe, “CAD/CAM-based position/force controller for a mold polishing robot,” Mechatronics, Vol.17, pp. 207-216, 2007.
-  M. Takei, D. Kurihara, S. Katusra, and Y. Kakinuma, “Hybrid control for machine tool table applying sensorless cutting force monitoring,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 587-593, 2011.
-  D. Kurihara, Y. Kakinuma, and S. Katsura, “Sensorless cutting force monitroing using parallel disturbance observer,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 415-421, 2009.
-  Y. Kakinuma, K. Igarashi, S. Katusra, and T. Aoyama, “Development of 5-axis polishing machine capable of simultaneous trajectory, posture, and force control,” CIRP Annals, Vol.62, Issue 1, pp. 379-382, 2013.
-  K. Igarashi, M. Sato, and Y. Kakinuma, “Buffing performance analysis of viscoelastic polymer with sensorless polishing pressure control,” Advanced Materials Research, Vol.325, pp. 482-488, 2011.
-  L. S. Aiken and S. G. West, “Multiple Regression Teting and Interpreting Interactions,” Newbury Park, Sage Publications, 1991.
-  K. Ohnishi, “Disturbance Observeration – Cancellation Techinique,” IEEE the Industrial Electronics Handbook #33, pp. 524-528, 1997.
-  K. Ohnishi, M. Shibata, and T. Murakami, “Motion control for advanced mechatronics,” IEEE/ASME Trans. onMechatronics, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 56-67, 1996.
-  T. Murakami, F. Yu, and K. Ohnishi, “Torque sensorless control in multidegree-of-freedom manipulator,” IEEE Trans. on industrial mechatronics, Vol.40, No.2, pp. 259-265, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.