A Surface Parameter-Based Method for Accurate and Efficient Tool Path Generation
Keigo Takasugi*, Naoki Asakawa**, and Yoshitaka Morimoto***
*Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Ogigaoka 7-1, Nonoich, Ishikawa, Japan
**Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
***Kanazawa Institute of Technology, 3-1 Yatsukaho, Hakusan, Ishikawa, Japan
-  G. Farin, J. Hoschek, and M. S. Kim, “Intersection Problems,” Handbook of Computer Aided Geometric Design, Chapter 25, pp. 623-650, 2002.
-  M. J. Pratt and A. D. Geisow, “Surface/Surface Inersection Problems,” TheMathematics of Surfaces, Clarendon Press, pp. 117-142, 1986.
-  E. C. Sherbrooke and N. M. Patrikalakis, “Computatio of the Solutions of Nonlinear Polynomial Systems,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 379-405, 1993.
-  B. Sturmfels and A. Zelevinsky, “Multigraded Resultants of Sylvester Type,” J. of Algebra, Vol.163, No.1, pp. 115-127, 1994.
-  S. Krishnan and D. Manocha, “Efficient Surface Intersection Algorithm based on Lower-Dimensional Formulation,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 74-106, 1997.
-  N. M. Patrikalakis and T. Maekawa, “Shape Interrogation for Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing,” Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2002.
-  R. E. Barnhill and S. N. Kersey, “A Marching Method for Parametric Surface / Surface Intersection,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, Vol.7, No.1-4, pp. 257-280, 1990.
-  S. T. Wu and L. N. Andrade, “Marching along a Regular Surface/Surafce Intersection with Circlar Steps,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 249-268, 1999.
-  M. Higashi, T. Mori, and M. Hosaka, “High-Quality Intersection Calculation of Surfaces,” J. Jpn. Soc. Precision Eng., Vol.56, No.1, pp. 92-96, 1990.
-  L. Piegl, “On NURBS: A Survey,” IEEE CG&A, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 55-71, 1999.
-  Y. Tominaga, K. Teramoto, T. Ishida, H. Honda, and Y. Takeuchi, “Curve Interpolation CL Data Creation for 5-axis Control Machining Expressed by Non-Uniform B-Spline,” Vol.72, No.719, pp. 2286-2292, 2006.
-  Y. Ueda, T. Inoue, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of CAM System for 5-Axis NURBS Interpolated Machining (Tool Path Generation Utilizing Interference-Free Space),” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., Vol.74, No.744, pp. 2065-2071, 2008.
-  Y. Ueda, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of CAM System for 5-Axis NURBS Interpolated Machining (NC Data Generation by Generalized Post-Processor),” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., Vol.75, No.749, pp. 216-222, 2009.
-  T. Kushimoto and M. Hosaka, “Description of Intersection Curves by Differential Equation and their Tracing,” J. Jpn. Soc. Precison Eng., Vol.57, No.8, pp. 1375-1380, 1991.
-  T. Kushimoto and M. Hosaka, “Methods of Automatic Detection of Points on All Separate Intersection Curves of Two surfaces,” J. Jpn. Soc. Precision Eng., Vol.57, No.9, pp. 1667-1671, 1991.
-  K. Takasugi, T. Kumasaka, and N. Asakawa, “Development of Platform-Independent Open CAM Kernel,” Proc. LEM21, 2011.
-  CAD data exchange standardization W/G, “JAMA-IS V1.04,” Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc., 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.