Effects of Tool Edge Geometry on Cutting Temperature in Continuous Cutting of Case Hardened Steel
Ryutaro Tanaka*, Akira Hosokawa**, Tatsuaki Furumoto**,
and Takashi Ueda**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
**Institute of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
-  M. Liu, J. Takagi, and A. Tsukuda, “Effect of tool nose radius and tool wear on residual stress distribution in hard turning of bearing steel,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.150, 2004.
-  R. Tanaka, H. Morishita, A. Hosokawa, T. Ueda, T. Furumoto, and Y. Lin, “Cutting Tool Edge Temperature in Finish Hard Turning of Case Hardened Steel,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.407-408, p. 538, 2009.
-  T. Ueda, A. Hosokswa, and A. Yamamoto, “Studies on Temperature of Abrasive Grains in Grinding – Application of Infrared Radiation Pyrometer –,” Trans. ASME, J. of Engineering for Industry, Vol.107, p. 127, 1985.
-  H. Nishimoto, R. Tanaka, A. Hosokawa, T. Ueda, and T. Furumoto, “Development of tool edge temperature measurement method in wet cutting – Application for CBN and Poly Crystalline Diamond tools –,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.6, No.6, p. 916, 2012.
-  A. H.Mahfudz, K. Yamada, A. Hosokawa, K. Yamada, and T. Ueda, “Investigation of Temperature at Tool-Chip interface in Turning using Two-Color Pyrometer,” Trans. of the ASME, Vol.124, p. 200, 2002.
-  T. Ueda, A. Hosokawa, K. Oda, and K. Yamada, “Temperature on Flank Face of Cutting Tool in High Speed Milling,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.50, No.1, p. 37, 2001.
-  T. Ueda, R. Nozaki, and A. Hosokawa, “Temperature Measurement of Cutting Edge in Drilling – Effect of Oil Mist –,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.56, No.1, p. 93, 2007.
-  L. Qian and M. R. Hossan, “Effect on cutting force in turning hardened tool steels with cubic boron nitride inserts,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.191, p. 274, 2007.
-  J. M. Zhou, H. Walter, M. Andersson, and J. E. Stahl, “Effect of chamfer angle on wear of PCBN cutting tool,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.43, p. 301, 2003.
-  K. Shintani, M. Ueki, and Y. Fujimura, “Optimum tool geometry of CBN tool for continuous turning of carburized steel,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.29, No.3, p. 403, 1989.
-  T. Özel, “Modeling of hard part machining: effect of insert edge preparation in CBN cutting tools,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.141, p. 284, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.