Restraint of Thermal Crack on Rake Face of Cermet Tool in Intermittent Cutting
Akira Mizobuchi*, Masahiro Masuda*, Teruo Nogami**,
Hitoshi Ogawa**, and Tohru Ishida*
*Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima, 2-1 Minami-josanjima-cho, Tokushima 770-8506, Japan
**The Tokushima Prefectural Industrial Technology Center, 11-2 Nishibari Saiga-cho, Tokushima 770-8021, Japan
-  Handbook of Precision Machining, Corona publishing Co., Ltd., p. 71, 1992. (in Japanese)
-  K. Uehara K and Y. Kanda, “Fundamental Approach to the Thermal Crack of Cermet Cutting Tools,” Ann. of CIRP, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 47-51, 1981.
-  K. Okushima and T. Hoshi, “Thermal Crack in the Carbide Face-Milling Cutter (1st Report),” J. of JSME, Vol. 27, No. 178, pp. 843-852, 1961. (in Japanese)
-  N. Shinozaki N, “Thermal Cracks of Carbide Face Milling Cutter,” J. of JSME, Vol.5, No.20, pp. 753-764, 1962.
-  T. Sugita, “Thermal Cracks in Ceramic Face Milling Cutters (1st Report),” J. of JSPE, Vol.30, No.8, pp. 662-670, 1964. (in Japanese)
-  T. Ihara, T. Shirakashi, and E. Usui, “Analytical Prediction of Cutting Edge Chipping in Interrupted Turning Operation (4th Report),” J. of JSPE, Vol.48, No.6, pp. 757-763, 1982. (in Japanese)
-  S. M. Bhatia, P. C. Pandey, and H. S. Shan, “Failure of Cemented Carbide Tools when Excutting Intermittent Cuts,” J. of ASME, Vol.101, No.4, pp. 391-396, 1979.
-  Y. Yamane Y and N. Narutaki, “The Effects of the Atmosphere on Tool Failure in FaceMilling (2nd Report),” J. of JSPE, Vol.49, No.4, pp. 521-527, 1983. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.