Development of an Intelligent Stage with Sensor-Less Cutting Force and Torque Monitoring Function
Takafumi Kamigochi* and Yasuhiro Kakinuma**
*School of Integrated Design Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
**Department of System Design Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
-  I. N. Tansel and C. McLaughlin, “Detection of tool breakage in milling operations I: The time series analysis approach,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol.33, No.4, pp. 531-544, 1993.
-  X. Li and X. Yao, “Multi-scale statistical process monitoring in machining,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.52, No.3, pp. 924-927, 2005.
-  Y. Altintas, “Prediction of Cutting Forces and Tool Breakage in Milling from Feed Drive Current Measurements,” Trans. of ASME, Vol.114, No.4, pp. 386-394, 1992.
-  D. Kurihara, Y. Kakinuma, and S. Katsura, “Sensorless Cutting Force Monitoring Using Parallel Disturbance Observer,” IJAT, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 415-421, 2009.
-  K. Umezawa, Y. Kakinuma, S. Katsura, K. Ohnishi, T. Aoyama, and K. Yokoi, “Interaction mode control for the machine tool table with three linear servo motors,” J. of Advanced Mechanical design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 482-492, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.