Cutting Path Design to Minimize Workpiece Displacement at Cutting Point: Milling of Thin-Walled Parts
Yusuke Koike, Atsushi Matsubara, Shinji Nishiwaki,
Kazuhiro Izui, and Iwao Yamaji
Kyoto University, Yoshidahonmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
-  Y. Altintas, “Analytical Prediction of Three Dimensional Chatter Stability in Milling,” Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering Int. J., Series C, Vol.44, No.3, pp. 717-723, 2001.
-  E. Budak and A. Tekeli, “Maximizing Chatter Free Material Removal Rate in Milling through Optimal Selection of Axial and Radial Depth of Cut Pairs,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 353-356, 2005.
-  V. Thevenot, L. Arnaud, G. Dessein, and G. C. Larroche, “Influence of material removal on the dynamic behavior of thin-walled structures in peripheral milling,” Machining Science and Technology, Vol.10, pp. 275-287, 2006.
-  T. Aijun and L. Zhanqiang, “Deformations of thin-walled plate due to static end milling force,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.206, pp. 345-351, 2008.
-  J. S. Tsai and C. L. Liao, “Finite-element modeling of static surface errors in the peripheral milling of thin-walled workpieces,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.94, pp. 235-246, 1999.
-  R. Sagherian and M. A. Elbestawi, “A Simulation System for Improving Machining Accuracy in Milling,” Elsevier Computer in Industry, Vol.14, pp. 293-305, 1990.
-  S. Ratchev, E. Govender, S. Nikov, K. Phuah, and G. Tsiklos, “Force and deflection modelling in milling of low-rigidity complex parts,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.143-144, pp. 796-801, 2003.
-  S. Ratchev, W. Huang, S. Liu, and A. A. Becker, “Modelling and simulation environment for machining of low-rigidity components,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.153-154, pp. 67-73, 2004.
-  S. Ratchev, S. Liu, W. Huang, and A. A. Becker, “Milling error prediction and compensation in machining of low-rigidity parts,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.44, pp. 1629-1641, 2004.
-  S. Ratchev, S. Liu, and A. A. Becker, “An advanced FEA based force induced error compensation strategy in milling,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.46, pp. 542-551, 2006.
-  J. K. Rai and P. Xirouchankis, “Finite element method based machining simulation environment for analyzing part errors induced during milling of thin-walled components,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.48, pp. 629-643, 2008.
-  M. Wan, W. H. Zhang, G. H. Qin, and Z. P. Wang, “Strategies for error prediction and error control in peripheral milling of thinwalled workpiece,” Int. J. ofMachine Tools &Manufacture, Vol.48, pp. 1366-1374, 2008.
-  H. S. Lee, A. Toride, T. Yamada, and S. Araki, “Study on the generation of micro shafts by turning operation,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.51, No.11, pp. 657-661, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  S. Smith and D. Dvorak, “Tool path strategies for high speed milling aluminum workpieces with thin webs,” Mechatronics, Vol.8, pp. 291-300, 1998.
-  L. N. López de Lacalle, A. Lamikiz, J. A. Sanchez, and M. A. Salgado, “Toolpath selection based on the minimum deflection cutting forces in the programming of complex surfaces milling,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.47, pp. 388-400, 2007.
-  C. M. Lee, S. W. Kim, K. H. Choi, and D. W. Lee, “Evaluation of cutter orientations in high-speed ball end milling of cantilevershaped thin plate,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.140, pp. 231-236, 2003.
-  C.M. Lee, S.W. Kim, Y. H. Lee, and D.W. Lee, “The optimal cutter orientation in ball end milling of cantilever-shaped thin plate,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.153-154, pp. 900-906, 2004.
-  S. Ratchev, S. Nikov, and I. Moualek, “Material removal simulation of peripheral milling of thin wall low-rigidity structures using FEA,” Advances in Engineering Software, Vol.35, pp. 481-491, 2004.
-  A. Vince, “A framework for the greedy algorithm,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, Vol.121, pp. 247-260, 2002.
-  P. Kattan, “MATLAB Guide to Finite Elements AN INTERACTIVE APPROACH,” Springer, pp. 367-396, 2008.
-  Y.W. Kwon and H. Bang, “The Finite ElementMethod UsingMATLAB Second Edition,” CRC Press, p. 351, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.