A Study of Nanometric Surface Generation on Tungsten Carbide Using a Micro Polycrystalline Diamond End Mill
Kazuo Nakamoto*1, Tojiro Aoyama*2, Kazutoshi Katahira*3,
Peter Fonda*4, and Kazuo Yamazaki*5
*1School of Integrated Design Engineering, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-0061, Japan
*2Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama-shi 223-8522, Japan
*3Senior Scientist, Materials Fabrication Laboratory, RIKEN, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
*4IMS-Mechatronics Laboratory, University of California, Davis, One Shields Avenue, 2132 Bainer Hall, MAE Department, Davis, CA 95616, USA
*5University of California, 5136 Etcheverry Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1740, USA
-  R. Wada, H. Kodama, K. Nakamura, Y. Mizutani, Y. Shimura, and N. Takenaka, “Wear Characteristics of Single Crystal Diamond Tool,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.29, pp. 47-52, 1980.
-  T. Sugano, K. Takeuchi, T. Goto, and Y. Yoshida, “Diamond turning of an aluminum alloy for mirror,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.36, pp. 17-20, 1987.
-  M. Masuda, Y. Maeda, T. Nishiguchi, and M. Sawa, “A study on diamond turning of Al-Mg alloy – generation mechanism of surface machined with worn tool,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.38, pp.111-114, 1989.
-  N. Ikawa, R. R. Donaldson, R. Komandri, W. König, T. H. Aachen, P. A. McKeown, and T. Moriwaki, “Ultraprecision Metal Cutting – The Past, the Present and the Future,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.40, pp. 587-594, 1991.
-  C. F. Cheung, “Characterisation of nanosurface generation in single-point diamond turning,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.41, pp. 851-875, 2001.
-  D. Dornfeld, S. Min, and Y. Takeuchi, “Recent Advances in Mechanical Machining,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.55, pp. 745-768, 2006.
-  H. Suzuki, T.Moriwaki, Y. Yamamoto, and Y. Goto, “Precision Cutting of Aspherical Ceramic Molds with Micro PCD Milling Tool,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.56, pp. 131-134, 2007.
-  X. Cheng, K. Nakamoto, M. Sugai, S. Matsumoto, Z. G. Wang, and K. Yamazaki, “Development of Ultra-precision machining system with unique wire EDM tool fabrication system for micro/nanomachining,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.57, pp. 415-420, 2008.
-  Z. G. Wang, X. Cheng, K. Nakamoto, S. Kobayashi, and K. Yamazaki, “Design and development of a precision machine tool using counter,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.50, pp. 357-365, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.