Improving the Properties of Reinforced Plastics Using the Resin Flow Control Method of Molding – Evaluation of Sealing Performance of Molded Plastic Parts –
Naoki Mori, Masatoshi Tsubouchi, Kiyohito Gondou,
Kohei Shimada, Takahiro Kitamura, Hiroshi Koresawa,
Hiroyuki Narahara, and Hiroshi Suzuki
Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka-shi, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
We are now engaged in the study of a resin flow control method of molding to positively orient molecules or fillers by displacing resin flows in the mold. This method has proved effective for improving the physical properties of glass fiber reinforced polypropylene molding. This study is aimed at improving the sealing performance of polypropylene containers by circumferentially controlling resin flows in the mold to reduce free volumes. In this paper, we evaluate the sealing performance of such molding in relation to different rotational speeds of the rotational core in the mold.
-  N. Mori and R. Takatsuji, “Changes of Properties of Injection Molded Parts by Resin Flow Controlling,” Seikei-Kakou’09, 253, 2009.
-  N. Mori, K. Gondou, H. Koresawa, H. Narahara, and H. Suzuki, “A study on the Resin Flow Controlling Method – Flow Observation of Resin Flow on the Visualized Mold –,” Seikei-Kakou’10, 137, 2010.
-  Z. Tadmor and C. G. Gogos, “Principles of Polymer Processing,” Shiguma Publisher, Priciples of Polymer Processing, 46, 1991.
-  Y. Ohkubo, “Applications of Micro-Raman Spectroscopy,” Seikei-Kakou, Vol.16, No.6, 338, 2004.
-  K. Yamada and K. Tomari, “Evaluation of Molecular Orientation of Injection Moldings by Laser-Raman Spectroscopy,” Seikei-Kakou, Vol.21, No.2, 76, 2009.
-  K. Yamada and K. Tomari, “Molecular orientation analysis of the parallel style weld line using laser Raman scattering spectroscopy,” The 4th Orientation in a polypropylene molded parts, Seikei-Kakou Symposium, 08, 273, 2008.
-  E. Akashige and T. Usami, “Measurement of Molecular Orientation in Injection-Molded Polypropylene by Micro-Raman Spectroscopy,” The Japan Society for Analytical Chemistry, Vol.7, Supplement, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.