Design of Motion Accuracy Measurement Device for NC Machine Tools with Three Displacement Sensors
Yukitoshi Ihara and Yuki Hiramatsu
Osaka Institute of Technology, 5-16-1 Omiya, Asahi-ku, Osaka 535-8585, Japan
-  ISO/TR 13309, “Manipulating industrial robots – Informative guide on test equipment and metrology methods of operation for robot performance evaluation in accordance with ISO 9283,” 1995.
-  M. Tsutsumi, A. Saito, and M. Akamatsu, “Motion Measurement of CNC Machie Tools by Means of Two Linear Gauges,” J. of JSPE, Vol.67, No.12, pp. 2021-2025, 2001.
-  Y. Nakao, H. Goto, and C. Yamashita, “Motion Trajectory Measurement Method of Machining Center Using Parallel Mechanism (1st Report: Principle of Measurement Method and Measurement Experiments),” J. of JSME, Vol.68, No.676, pp. 3735-3741, December 2002.
-  J. C. Ziegert and C. D. Mize, “Laser ball-bar: A new instrument for machine tool metrology,” Precision Engineering, Vol.16, pp. 259-264, 1994.
-  N. Srinivasa, J. C. Ziegert, and C. D. Mize, “Spindle thermal drift measurement using the laser ball-bar,” Precision Engineering, Vol.18, pp. 118-127, 1996.
-  Y. Ihara and S. Matsushita, “A Study on Tool Position and Posture Measurement Device by Using Parallel Mechanism,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 271-276, 2009.
-  S.Weikert and W. Knapp, “R-test: A new device for accuracy measurements on five axis machine tools,” Annals of CIRP, Vol.53, No.1, pp. 429-432, 2004.
-  B. Bringmann and A. Küng, “A new Measuring Artefact for true 3D Machine Tool Testing and Calibration,” Annals of CIRP, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 471-474, 2005.
-  B. Bringmann and W. Knapp, “Model-based Chase-the-Ball Calibration of a 5-Axes Machining Center,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 531-534, 2006.
-  G. H. J. Florussen and H. A. M. Spaan, “Static R-test: allocating the centerline of rotary axes of machine tools,” Laser metrology and machine performance VIII, pp. 196-202, Bedford, 2007.
-  FIDIA HMS,
-  ISO/DIS 230-1, “Test code for machine tools – Part 1: Geometric accuracy of machines operating under no-load or quasi-static conditions,” 2010.
-  C. Cui, M. Tsutsumi, S. Ibaraki, Y. Ihara, S. Shimizu, and N. Mishima, “Compatibility of measuring instruments for simultaneous three-axis movement in five-axis machining centers,” Proc. of Spring meeting of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 1029-1030, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  K. Tajima, M. Dassanayake, C. Cui, and M. Tsutsumi, “Development of 3D-probe for measuring the rotational accuracy of tilting rotary tables,” Proc. of the 8th Manufacturing &Machine Tool Conf. of JSME, pp. 287-288, November 19-20, 2010. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.