Ankle Rehabilitation Device to Prevent Contracture Using a Pneumatic Balloon Actuator
Norihiko Saga*, Naoki Saito**, and Jun-ya Nagase*
*Department of Human System Interaction, Kwansei Gakuin University, 2-1 Gakuen, Sanda, Hyogo 669-1337, Japan
**Department of Machine Intelligence and Systems Engineering, Akita Prefectural University, 84-4 Tsuchiya Ebinokuchi, Yurihonjo, Akita 015-0055, Japan
-  J. J. Scarlet, “Continuous passive motion,” J. American Podiatric Medical Association, Vol.86, Issue 4, pp. 189-190, April, 1996.
-  L. A. Beaupré, D. M. Davies, C. A. Jones, and J. G. Cinats, “Exercise Combined With Continuous Passive Motion or Slider Board Therapy Compared With Exercise Only: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Patients Following Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Physical Therapy, Vol.81, No.4, pp. 1029-1037, April, 2001.
-  S. W. O’Driscoll and N. J. Giori, “Continuous passive motion (CPM): theory and principles of clinical application,” J. rehabilitation research & development, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 179-188, 2000.
-  N. Saga, J. Nagase, and Y. Kondo, “Development of a Tendondriven System Using a Pneumatic Balloon,” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 139-145, 2006.
-  N. Saga, J. Nagase, and T. Saikawa, “Pneumatic Artificial Muscles based on Biomechanical Characteristics of Human Muscles,” Applied Bionics and Biomechanics, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 191-197, 2006.
-  N. Saga, “Development of a tendon-driven system using a pneumatic balloon,” J. Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 171-174, 2007.
-  A. Uraga, T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, and D. Sasaki, “Development of Foot Part Walking Assist Equipment Using Pneumatic Rubber Artificial Muscle,” Proc. of the 2005 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2P1-S-084, No,05-4, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.